Lt. Commander
,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Okay, this is complicated, but you hit target subsystems: x and your next beam shot will do it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:52 PM
i noticed in OB that my Fed Sci officer got target weapons, target engines, target subsytems, and anothersimilar ability, all on his list of abilities (hit the 'P' key) shortly after hitting Lt Cmdr. during OB, my Klingon science officer NEVER got this ability. even at T3.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
i noticed in OB that my Fed Sci officer got target weapons, target engines, target subsytems, and anothersimilar ability, all on his list of abilities (hit the 'P' key) shortly after hitting Lt Cmdr. during OB, my Klingon science officer NEVER got this ability. even at T3.
It's the science ship that got those abilities, not the science officer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
there was a game I played years ago wherei loved their system... where you shot the target effected what took damage.

So shoot someone in the rear and their engines took more and more damage and slowed the ship till it was eventually dead. A dmage engine also prevented them from warping out... but then we cant warp.

Firing on the front damaged some of the sytems etc.

some of those mechanic might have worked well here
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
there was a game I played years ago wherei loved their system... where you shot the target effected what took damage.

So shoot someone in the rear and their engines took more and more damage and slowed the ship till it was eventually dead. A dmage engine also prevented them from warping out... but then we cant warp.

Firing on the front damaged some of the sytems etc.

some of those mechanic might have worked well here
Bridge Commander.

Not to say all the crews (and captains) of ships that aren't science vessels are brute savage monsters who don't know how to look away from shiny ablative hull amor.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodrac
It's the science ship that got those abilities, not the science officer.
You're half right. It's the Science Ship or BOffs trained in one of the subsystem targeting skills, not the scientist captain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
You're half right. It's the Science Ship or BOffs trained in one of the subsystem targeting skills, not the scientist captain.
You're half wrong, he's completely right. The subsystem targetting skills are on tactical boffs, not science boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepishOne View Post
Okay, this is complicated, but you hit target subsystems: x and your next beam shot will do it.
There is more to it than that. The Klingon Carrier gets 4 innate abilities to enable the next attack to target a subsystem of your choice, weapons, engine, aux or shields. From what i hear the Fed Sci vessel gets the same thing, or at least similar.

There are powers that are general target subsystems also.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Fed Science ships get the innate ability to target subsystems.

Lieutenant tactical bridge officers can get abilities to target subsystems as well.