Lt. Commander
# 1 ebgames is worthless
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I preorder didnt get the headstart key in email so I called em up they give me the run around twice claiming i will get it in 24-48 hrs which makes the key almost worthless, the second time they claim i need to be transferred to a diff dept that is only for giving out keys and the guy says the whole dept went home for the day.. why must these people make up such bullcrap?? im ****ed that I cant play the game i paid for and have to wait most likely until the 2nd to even play..
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:50 PM
anyone know who the dev on here who was giving people headstart keys with proof of purchase?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
They are crap man.
When i was shopping around for a Xbox 360 i had a look in EB.
Tried to sell me a used Xbox elite by telling me it was graphically far superior and had more memory than the normal ones
I gave em the middle finger.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah dunno what I was thinking going with ebgames.. the bonus item i bought it for better be worth it lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxy
Yeah dunno what I was thinking going with ebgames.. the bonus item i bought it for better be worth it lol.
ebgames = gamestop, yes? ie, you get the connie? cool if you like nostalgia... but I guess it will work out for you. Had you started in the headstart already, you would likely outgrow the ship before you got it on the 2nd.

I would go and cancel it at ebgames. Head to another store, and pre-order there. Ask them if they have the keys in stock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho Matsu****a
ebgames = gamestop, yes? ie, you get the connie? cool if you like nostalgia... but I guess it will work out for you. Had you started in the headstart already, you would likely outgrow the ship before you got it on the 2nd.

I would go and cancel it at ebgames. Head to another store, and pre-order there. Ask them if they have the keys in stock.
The problem with that is I can't get a refund on the game because I bought it from the download store of ebgames.. I made a pretty stupid mistake but whats done is done, and yes its gamestop with the connie bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I always read about bad things when people buy digital downloads, be it from Steam, D2D, or Gamestop's service. you cant beat going to the store and getting a physical copy in your hands, especially when its the same price and there's a gamestop almost everywhere unless you're in Oklahoma or another rural state.

they have a long history of issues with releasing codes and such, usually with not having enough for the amount of people they sold preorders to (ie. Marvel Ultimate alliance 2)

personnaly I resereved mine at the GS down the street, and got my beta code the same day it was released physically, which incedently is the same code that gets you into the head start.

If you really want it that bad then go to your local Gamestop and ask if they have any beta codes left and preorder the game for 5 bucks then just buy it at the store, or cancel the digital one once the heats off.

just as a side note: when you buy a digital version of anything, you are just buying a license to use the product. when you buy a physical copy you are buying that product. just something to think about..
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:31 PM
zax do like I did they gave me the run around I went and talked to my local store and told manager what was going on he handed me a card I think he was afraid I would take my business elsewhere might be the amount I drop in there in a given year he told me the total one year I was even shocked.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm in Calgary and pre ordered via EBGames, and I had mine a day before Open Beta
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I have Pre-ordered my Collector's Edition copy from EB Games as I always prefer to have a physical copy instead of Digital Downloads especially since Steam always appears to be unreliable on my system.

I have pre-ordered many games through my Local EB Games store and it has always been in-store on time and they have contacted me when it arrives and I easily go in and pick it up.

In Australia although I have to wait till the 18th of Feb for it come in, I'm going to ask the staff to check up on the Headstart key. The manager has always been good there and I'm confident he will be able to follow up and help.