Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptics headstart fiasco
01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

Your business practices are ignorant cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chal
So the promotion folks at cryptic decide to promote game by deception. They promote digital downloads, hardboxes and the like with a decent amount of items including head start.

What they fail to tell you is the preorder downloads and items will not be available for download or shipment until the official launch, so what was the point in paying for headstart and the items in the first place cryptic?

Apparently cryptic feels that those ordering and paying extra cash need no explanations for their screw up nor do they need to fix this problem. Instead they type a small post with another announcement that simply states pro order items will be available launch day, after the heaqdstart.

Your business practices are ignorant cryptic.

I wasn't aware that you paid for the Bonuses? I thought those were Bonuses?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
This is coming from the people with the same mentality that paid for the lifetime subs just so they can play a borg..
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
This is coming from the people with the same mentality that paid for the lifetime subs just so they can play a borg..
And this quote comes from the same sheep that are afraid to address problems and hope others will do it for them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
And this quote comes from the same sheep that are afraid to address problems and hope others will do it for them.
apprently you dont understand

that recent post about it was a reminder

the info on the fact they wouldnt be available til launch has been known and posted for MONTHS in the pre order FAQ on the site
Lt. Commander
# 6
So, you will be quitting then?
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickisrum View Post
So, you will be quitting then?
lets hope

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
will someone please put the children to bed. They are throwing a temper tantrum.

Little Chal didn't have their bedtime burping and it looks like the gas is resulting in

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
I guess when you post like you did Varxx without thinking you get that. I will explain it for you since you seem incapable.

You pay extra for bonus items and headstart, and regular price for no bonus items and regular launch day, you get that hero? Need it spelled out a bit clearer?
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
I guess when you post like you did Varxx without thinking you get that. I will explain it for you since you seem incapable.

You pay extra for bonus items and headstart, and regular price for no bonus items and regular launch day, you get that hero? Need it spelled out a bit clearer?
Possibly you do. I haven't. I'm haven't paid anything for my preorder yet, and when it ships from Amazon I'll pay the same that anyone else ordering it that day would pay. If the retailer you've chosen is charging more for pre-orders than for regular post release purchases you might want to think about who you've decided to do business with.

And having just checked, I'll be paying slightly less for my pre-order than someone who orders it on release day will be paying, as the price has gone up slightly since I placed my pre-order.