Career Officer
# 1 Seasonsed PVP Code of Conduct
11-09-2013, 04:53 PM
After seeing several threads of people complaining of being PUG stomped and blaming older players for driving out new players, I thought I would come up and get the PVP community to sign up and contribute to an informal Code of Conduct independant of what fleet you are in

Code of Conduct

1: Treat every player old and new with respect, in game or on Team speak

2: Report AFKers to Cryptic and add to ignore list

3: If other team are losing badly, hold back, stop cross healing, stop /keybind TS coordination

4: No logging out before death/ Warping out of matches unless due to RL issues

5: No gloating or arrogance if the victor, no taunting, be respectiful whether winner or loser (This includes cloaking up and raging in chat and not helping your team)

6: If a new player asks for advice, kindly give him basic advice or point to the Hilbert guide. DDI/ Mimey's guide on the forum

7: If you meet Dilithium farmers, find another target and add to ignore list/ make their game as long as possible

8: Consider Tyler durden as your first port of call for pug matches before queues

9: Consider OPVP for fleet mades as your first port of call before queues

10: Remember this is a game, having fun is the most important part, not neccessarily blowing people up but meeting new people/ friends and having a laugh on Team speak

11: Take defeat gracefully and Victory with humility

12; No one individual is better than another, everyone is equal, you win and lose as a team

13: Reduce the amount of cheese use, only bring them to bear if others are using, e.g TIF, SS Doffs, GPG, TB Utility Pets

14: Remember it's PVP Someones got to die....
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
/channel_join Tyler Durden for Organised Balanced PVP matches

Last edited by g0h4n4; 11-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-09-2013, 04:57 PM
reserved for future use
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit long ago
Career Officer
# 3
11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry Gohan, but this just won't work, buddy. They've been done loads of times in the past and it always breaks down.

We can't police the queues, and only to a limited extent can we police the players in our fleets. Peer pressure isn't all-powerful, I'm afraid.

It'd be fantastic if a lot of people got behind this, but it only takes a few bad apples or a bad apple fleet to **** the whole thing up
Career Officer
# 4
11-09-2013, 05:27 PM
It's informal and it's something that players old and new should base their atttitudes towards, whether people sign up or not is irrelevant but the key is to instill a sense of unoffocial conduct amongst each other.

If people like to laugh at new players while pug stomping good for them, I am not advocating policing it but rather a foundation of coduct that most people should aspire too.

This is not an exhaustive list and it is entirely optional. Good people will already be exhibiting what's on the list already, but it's more for the new players perhaps on how to behave and eventually they will teach their Fleet mates as well.

I just want the community to become one that respects each other, of course there will be bad apples everyone, fleet or no fleet, but you can only get out what you put in. By isolating these players who exhibit patronising and at times derrogatory behaviour we will discourage others from copying them thinking it is normal

I frankly don't care about those bad apples, they can continue what their doing for all I care, but the rest of us can aspire to be much better than them.

Die with honour... It's PVP someones got to die

Last edited by g0h4n4; 11-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Captain
# 5
11-09-2013, 06:13 PM
15 - Subnuke on sheridan is not allowed
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Captain
# 6
11-09-2013, 07:02 PM
It's a good list. Obviously, it can't be enforced but it looks like a good behavioral guide for pvp. I totally support it.

One criticism though, what people consider cheese is a matter of opinion. I give myself as an example. I don't do much dps in my fleet patrol with alien tac (I won't give it up yet, it's still a nice ship to fly), seriously I have a surprised look on my face everytime I kill something. I use a beam overload penetration doff to enhance my dps even a little bit, as a pugger (I usually don't have a sci to sensor nuke my targets). If I use the doff, as a pugger, is it cheese? Definitely not the same thing if a tac inside a premade uses it, unless they're extremely good as a pugger and time everything down to the last millisecond (and high definition monitor with not much lag ).

The point is, cheese can be cheese to one person and maybe not to another. Also the effects of universal consoles can be amplified tenfold inside premades, as they usually know what they're doing and coordinate better to take advantage of its maximum potential. Puggers usually just activate consoles without much of an afterthought.

Eh... Is what I'm saying even making any sense?

Quote:
7: If you meet Dilithium farmers, find another target and add to ignore list/ make their game as long as possible
Now the underlined part sounds soooooooo vindictive lol .
Reality is WAR.

| KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard |

Last edited by deokkent; 11-09-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
I just want the community to become one that respects each other, of course there will be bad apples everyone, fleet or no fleet, but you can only get out what you put in. By isolating these players who exhibit patronising and at times derrogatory behaviour we will discourage others from copying them thinking it is normal
It would be nice if we had a community were people respect each other. Have a laugh with the enemy and no hard feelings after a fight. One big happy family.
But that won't happen.

There have been more than enough threads like this. While there may be subgroups and some friends in the pvp community there was always more than enough hostility. And never even a true agreement on what honorable behavior is.
Thats probably a root of the problem. How many threads were there about what cheese is? And people all proclaiming how "clean" their ships are. Half of these people were in the queue the next day throwing everything around they claimed not to use. And the half of people who actually meant it could not agree on what "clean" is anyway.
Every person in this game has his own version of what cheese is. It can be consoles, ships, doffs, even simple bo powers. So in the end even people who try to fly "clean" end up insulting each other because obviously only what oneself uses is ok. Thats also a reason why the no BS tournaments came up. People in this game are unable to agree what should be used and what not.

I have been insulted for using photonic fleet (because it produces lag), for subnuc (cheesy sci tactic...), for tractoring someone in warpplasma, ...
I have also been put on ignore while pugging because someone in my team apparently cheesed someone. I had a whole premade quitting my match because it took too long etc

I am not denying that there are good people out there. I have also met many friendly players who are fair and offer help. But just take a look at opvp. It is a sitcom most of the times. On other times it is players asking to form a pugstomp group to spite the ones whining in the forum.

A lot of people probably don't even read the forums. It would be great to have a better community but we can not change it.
My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Career Officer
# 8
11-10-2013, 07:08 AM
i do think i understand the intention of this and i fully support . i do not think it can be enforced as well, but i also guess it's more about the attitude of every single one of us.

i'll try to be nice, though we're all sometimes ***hats i guess (and i'm fine with that) ;D

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Career Officer
# 9
11-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Sounds good, man.

I already try to live up to most of those, privates or not.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 10
11-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Sounds good, man.

I already try to live up to most of those, privates or not.
He he he he.... Go here. I couldn't help myself .
Reality is WAR.

| KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard |