Lt. Commander
# 1 Firstperson view please...
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
i do not like the fact that its forced 3rd person no matter what the camera distance i like imersion and i like to zoom to 3rd but mostly i walk in in 1st person view
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordboo View Post
i do not like the fact that its forced 3rd person no matter what the camera distance i like imersion and i like to zoom to 3rd but mostly i walk in in 1st person view
Bump on this one ! I would love 1st person view
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd love this too!

I've ALWAYS played in third person in mmo's that allow it, but here... I have a odd desire to
play in first person. Something about Star trek does make me want to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Agreed...1st Person Please
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I have gotten used to many game not supporting 1st person.....

BUT...It should be very easy to do and I do think to have a mouse wheel zoom in only to just over the should is plain crazy...

Give the 1st person folks their desired view... There have been many times in tight spots were the 3rd person view leavs you looking at your own shoulder when you are trying to aim at an enemy...

Please give us 1st person view.

THanks!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Well, animations like roll left, right, front and back are hard to simulate in a mmo in 1st person. Sometimes when you have closest-offscreen-target auto-aim on, your toon turns around and faces you in order to attack the guy behind you. Would look kinda weird in 1st person, though i'd like to have it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
Well, animations like roll left, right, front and back are hard to simulate in a mmo in 1st person. Sometimes when you have closest-offscreen-target auto-aim on, your toon turns around and faces you in order to attack the guy behind you. Would look kinda weird in 1st person, though i'd like to have it.
Hmm, Well the camera can do that 'quick zoom' thing and pull back while rolling if that helps. @@
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
iirc there was a post by a dev that said that they tried a first person view and it didn't work out well for them so they nixed it. now having said that I could be wrong and the day i though i read that i might have been having a alien abduction flashback.