Lt. Commander
Just wondering. I can't recall one. If anyone can, please raise a post. If any other poster can corroborate that statement I will believe that such a thing might be possible.

ST Online is not the "worst game evar" for their clunky launch. Really it's just par for the course as far as I can see. (Well, STO + Steam may be the worst launch method evar, but still.... )
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Lord of the Rings Online was pretty smooth, but not one has launched without some issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
COH (at least from my memory any way).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishhaig View Post
COH (at least from my memory any way).
I was there for that. I can't recall the actual issue, but I do remember not getting to play for a few days due to technical issues and a client crash which forced a re-load of the whole thing much like STO+Steam did yesterday.

What the heck was it about fixing the borg character option that caused that to happen anyways? Mind you I am not sure they are connected, but that was the timing of my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 02:20 PM
This headstart launch has been smooth in a lot of respects and probebly one of the better launches, even though someone is bound to say "but launch is on the 2nd".

Still - 4 hours plus so far out of MY day, sitting around waiting for the server....... is *twitches* kinda *eyeflutters* starting to become *headbobbling* a little ANNOYING!!!!!.

*breath in...... breath out...... breath in...... *glares*.... breath out*
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Lord of the Rings Online was pretty smooth, but not one has launched without some issue.
Not one I tried, but good to hear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Games like ****, which was "tested" for almost a year in Asia prior to release here. Was the best I've seen. But it still wasn't perfect.

None of the other releases were stable at first. And about the only ones I haven't tried are: WAR amd LotR. Every MMO has a rocky start. And considering how popular this game is ... I'm amazed they've done this well.

For instance I haven't seen the game crash where they had a roll back. And it seems they are "bringing the servers down" rather than allowing them to crash. I just don't understand why it takes so long to get them fixed and back up again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
But it still had issues. It was no different than any other MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:25 PM
There has been a rare few that fired up without much other than bugs to fix.

The issue with this game is simply this, it has been rushed out to the market WAY ahead of its time and it could be the death of it if the way bugs are getting handled is any indication of the future.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
CoH was down all the time!!! Wake up man lol, that game was down every day for a month, it was right in my peak time slot as well being in the UK, maybe thats why most of you didnt notice it.