Lt. Commander
# 1 Uniform Colour Selection
11-12-2013, 08:29 PM
So we can't select the same colour palette as the NPCs use.
Can't select the strong bright red or light blue, as seen the TOS uniforms in Everything Old is New.
Can't select a strong bright red as the turtleneck for TWOK uniform.

Can this be changed please?
Captain
# 2
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
There's also not a good gold color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Don't worry they still haven't fixed the colour palette for the TOS Romulan Uniform which I bought with real money, doesn't look anything like what the picture in the C-Store does. They messed the colour palettes up big style when S7 launched but still haven't gotten around to fixing it.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2013, 08:25 AM
I'll add a mild irritation of my own, here... the colour palette for the Motion Picture uniforms. It uses only the strong dark and/or primary colours - not the beige and baby blue that we actually saw in the film, for instance.

Yes, I know I'm admitting I a) bought the TMP uniform set and b) stayed awake long enough into "The Motion Picture" to notice what they were wearing... can we move on, now? It still bothers me, a little, though.
Captain
# 5
11-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevet View Post
I'll add a mild irritation of my own, here... the colour palette for the Motion Picture uniforms. It uses only the strong dark and/or primary colours - not the beige and baby blue that we actually saw in the film, for instance.

Yes, I know I'm admitting I a) bought the TMP uniform set and b) stayed awake long enough into "The Motion Picture" to notice what they were wearing... can we move on, now? It still bothers me, a little, though.
Ummm, I'm not going to say anything negative about it....I hated the uniforms, they were just horribad in my opinion, BUT I like the movie a lot.
Oh, as a side note, a few days ago, I found out that Shaun Cassidy made a song based out of TMP theme. And did a good job with it as well. Found it on XBox Radio of all places, lol!

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I agree. What's the rationale for not having an unlimited color palette for uniforms? Surely we're not talking about a great technical leap here. As noted, TOS NPCs, as one example, have correct uniform colors that cannot be selected by players. The closest thing to red we get is a dark pink. Truly bizarre, imo.