Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Combatlog format
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi I got this based on Champions Online. Can anyone tell me if this differs from STO.

TIMESTAMP

The timestamp is first. It represents the client's local time when receiving a particular event, rounded to the nearest 1/10th of a second.

It's format is "YY:MMD:HH:mm:ss.s"

Following the timestamp is a pair of colons "::" as a separator from the event data.

EVENT DATA

The event data is a comma-separated list containing the following fields:

Display name of owner
Internal name of owner
Display name of source
Internal name of source
Display name of target
Internal name of target
Display name of event
Internal name of event
Type
Flags
Magnitude
Base magnitude

Display names
Display names are the common non-unique user-visible names (after translation, in the case of the event's display name).

Internal names
Internal names are a unique name in the case of entities, or the message key in the case of the event.

Type
Type is the gameplay "type" of the event, such as fire, slashing, toxic, hitpoints, power, etc. These are not translated, and as a result may be different than the names displayed in the game.

Flags
Flags are various flags related to the event, separated with a '|'. The current possible flags include Immune, Critical, Dodge, Block, Miss, Flank, Pseudo and Kill.

Magnitude
Magnitude is the effective (post-resistance) magnitude of the event. It does not include correction for overkill or overheal.

Base magnitude
Base magnitude is written as 0 if it's the same as the magnitude, or a non-zero value if it is different than the magnitude.

SPECIAL CASES

In the case that the source is the same entity as the owner, the display name of the source is empty, and the internal name of the source is the '*' character

In the case that the target is the same as the source, the same rules apply.

Events with the Miss flag have no Type

"Shield" events are a Shield effect absorbing damage. For these events the magnitude is the damage the Shield itself suffered as a result of the absorbtion, and the base magnitude is the damage the Shield prevented from being dealt.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
10:02:03:21:54:43.4::Negh'Var Warship,C[6 Space_Klingon_Battleship],,*,Akim,P[188923@368469 Akim@Falstaf],Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons,Pn.7ea3171,Disruptor,,7.01225,147.255
Here is a line from my combatlog

Display name of owner - Negh'Var Warship,C[6 Space_Klingon_Battleship]
Internal name of owner - (this appear to be empty)
Display name of source - *
Internal name of source -
Display name of target - Akim,P[188923@368469 Akim@Falstaf]
Internal name of target
Display name of event - Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons
Internal name of event - Pn.7ea3171
Type - Disruptor
Flags
Magnitude - 7.01225
Base magnitude - 147.255

Seem to be a bit differentl that COH but this has been my first attempt to look at my combat logs.

Ok for those wanting to make a combat log it is easy

/combatlog 1 <--- turns it on
/combatlog 0 <--- turns it off

File is located here if you did a default install for Window 7 C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs

note you get ALL combat going on around you not just yours

Hope this helps
Lt. Commander
Does anybody know the formula for converting magnitudes to the values that appear in the chat log.

For example, in a test a line from my combat log shows a magnitude of 1.6062 and base magnitude of 16.062, while the chat log for that entry is Centaur Class Frigate deals 4 (40) Phaser Damage to you with Phaser Array.

I'm not much a math peep to figure this out.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 4 Disregard my last post
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
I was comparing wrong data.