Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm finding the only way to get good items is fleet action. Mission rewards suck and there's not enough of them. Now that people have gotten their Escorts I'm seeing people with 4 times the DPS of the next highest person. During beta the only chance I had to get good gear was to mine turrets for DPS, now not only does this not work as well (like they cut the dps down or something) but everyone does it. So me and everyone else that doesn't want to play escort are screwed more so than ever. Forever relegated to mediocre gear and paying large sums of energy to our escort overlords for table scraps.

Why such a fundamental flaw made it to launch is mind boggling. I can only assume they figured everyone would join a fleet and that the escorts would be charitable enough to give **** away. Moronic. There's far too many players in need of gear for that to ever work. Not everyone is sociable either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerfha View Post
I'm finding the only way to get good items is fleet action. Mission rewards suck and there's not enough of them. Now that people have gotten their Escorts I'm seeing people with 4 times the DPS of the next highest person. During beta the only chance I had to get good gear was to mine turrets for DPS, now not only does this not work as well (like they cut the dps down or something) but everyone does it. So me and everyone else that doesn't want to play escort are screwed more so than ever. Forever relegated to mediocre gear and paying large sums of energy to our escort overlords for table scraps.

Why such a fundamental flaw made it to launch is mind boggling. I can only assume they figured everyone would join a fleet and that the escorts would be charitable enough to give **** away. Moronic. There's far too many players in need of gear for that to ever work. Not everyone is sociable either.
Then play an Escort, gah.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 05:35 PM
The game just started ><
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Fleet actions have a total damage list, not a DPS list. They are not one in the same. Once you understand this perhaps you can figure out how to put up a bunch of damage in a fleet action.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I must be having bad luck, all im getting for loot in fleet actions are batteries
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janxx
I must be having bad luck, all im getting for loot in fleet actions are batteries
The secret is simple, Play in them and see who is where. I go from instance to instance until I find one with low dps then I simply go all out in it and eventually end up in first. That's how I did it in beta because sometimes the instance it puts you in will be full of good players, so you just have to go through them all, find one with a bit lower then join it and dps all the way. Great way to get items.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashnaheen View Post
Fleet actions have a total damage list, not a DPS list. They are not one in the same. Once you understand this perhaps you can figure out how to put up a bunch of damage in a fleet action.
I always pick weapons for damage not DPS, if the fleet action list isn't DPS but damage based then what is the DPS number for weapons even for? Seems like it's just some unnecessary thing included for the sake of wow players.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Why worry about it until you are in your final ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:01 PM
heh...i have had one tech 3 item....thats my highest loot so far....bought the rest and doing some pvp for some other stuff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Lets just hope they removed the 'little ramming speed' issue for fleet based DPS...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.