Lt. Commander
# 1 Rename to Star Trek Offline
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Sign, if you think there's so too many server crashes and, thus, Star Trek Offline name would be more appropriate than Star Trek Online at this kind of server quality.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Interesting......... I will pass tho^^
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
The game doesn't launch until Feb 2nd. 30-day included subscription time, paid subscription time; ANY subscription time doesn't start until the 2nd (or later if you enter your retail code a few days later). Pre-launch time is THEIR time, not yours, and not mine; time spent to do EXACTLY what's being done (find problems, stress the resources, discover the surprises that can't be found without thousands of people banging on the pipes.) Before Feb 2nd, complaining like this is more telling about the complainer, and less about the product at hand.

And guess what, more **** is gonna happen after Feb 2nd, too, cause this isn't an FPS, this isn't an RTS; this is an MMO, and comparisons to any games in other genre launches are foolish at best, and downright stupid at their worst. MMOs by necessity of their nature come into this world in struggle and a little bit of chaos, because the only way you can test what happens when thousands of people run amok in the new microverse you've created is to let thousands of people into it, and just like Alpha stresses are outmatched by Beta stresses, Live stresses will likely exceed those of Beta, causing a whole new slew of issues.

This is what launching an MMO with an existing and popular IP is. To expect anything else is again, either naive at best, or just silly and stupid at worst.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I personally think all the whiners should just go back to WoW and leave the people who really want this game here without all the complaints. Nobody is forcing you to play the game or pay for it if you are unhappy with the service.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
If we could play it offline, this suggestion might have some merit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
I wonder if /jranger is something the mods frown upon here. Though, I do agree with Pyrion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki
I wonder if /jranger is something the mods frown upon here. Though, I do agree with Pyrion.
Only if we can have DOOOM™ as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milieta
Only if we can have DOOOM™ as well.
ROFL, +10

Been a while since I've heard that one...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega_Buu
I personally think all the whiners should just go back to WoW and leave the people who really want this game here without all the complaints. Nobody is forcing you to play the game or pay for it if you are unhappy with the service.
Clearly you've never participated in an MMO launch before. They've all gone 100% without a hitch, what's happening with STO is unacceptable and I couldn't possibly fathom why they're having all of these problems.

/Heavy Sarcasm btw
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
Clearly you've never participated in an MMO launch before. They've all gone 100% without a hitch, what's happening with STO is unacceptable and I couldn't possibly fathom why they're having all of these problems.

/Heavy Sarcasm btw

Technically we aren't at STO's launch yet...
Closed Thread