Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Thank you cryptic!
01-30-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd just like to say: THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!

You have finally brought me a reason to play mmo's!

I know you guys have been working really hard to keep everything stabilized and what not.

Thanks again for giving trekker's and trekkie's a place to come together and squabble about who is better: Kirk or Piccard.

YOU ROCK CRYPTIC!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_K1 View Post
You have finally brought me a reason to play mmo's!
By giving you an MMO that's offline most the time?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
By giving you an MMO that's offline most the time?
You've just been TROLLED!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
haha,... knew it wouldnt be long b4 teh griefers rocked up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Well it's an ok game, I have some notes on content additions I'd love to see that I'm sure nobody cares about at cryptic so... yeah, it's an ok game. Not great but more enjoyable than the epic tedium of a certain other scifi mmo I won't flame here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
By giving you an MMO that's offline most the time?
Hey, now... to be fair... the game technically isn't even out yet. And, Star Trek, in my opinion, will be a far larger and more popular MMO than any other before it. There are 40+ years of fans wanting to play this, so be patient. Give them time to get the kinks worked out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
/Agree with OP

Lovin the game so far, kudos to Cryptic!

~Staark
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 11:49 PM
The Star Trek universe isn't just set to one time period, or one generation. Star Trek has begun many things in it's name's history. Beginning with the original. The original was something of a forerunner for it's time, it had the first interracial kiss, the first Asian person on television (i think). The original broke so many rules for the TV community. We then move on to the next generation. The show bridged two different eras, uniting family's in a time when family was on the decline. I could go on but my knowledge end's there.

At any rate, Star Trek Online is going to be a forerunner for mmorpgs. My anticipations for the game are hudge, the pre-orders alone a massive let alone when the game actually releases and the wow kids get their hands on it. Who cares about a little bit of down time int he beginning? Yes, it is really frustrating but there is hope! We have the dedicated members of cryptic working to solve the problem as we speak. I can't imagine what affect this game has had on the family's of the cryptic employee's, the countless hours fixing bugs and patching this and patching that, programming this then reprogramming it again.

I agree, it sucks that the servers are down but can we really blame them for wanting to get an hour of sleep? Can we really say that the game is a failure based on the first two days of a pre-release? I don't think so. I believe that the servers will come back up and all will be good. Bugs are to be expected, the only thing they can do is keep their phones on and trust the community to understand their position. That's exactally what I'm doing, looking at it from their perspective. Could they have done things differently? I think not based on the fact that they didn't expect the massive amount of people that pre-ordered after the head start had begun plus all of the people that had already participated int he open and closed beta. So I ask again, can we blame them? I say no, we can't.

Love you for the game cryptic, keep at it, and plan a family vacation in a few months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_K1 View Post
The Star Trek universe isn't just set to one time period, or one generation. Star Trek has begun many things in it's name's history. Beginning with the original. The original was something of a forerunner for it's time, it had the first interracial kiss, the first Asian person on television (i think). The original broke so many rules for the TV community. We then move on to the next generation. The show bridged two different eras, uniting family's in a time when family was on the decline. I could go on but my knowledge end's there.

At any rate, Star Trek Online is going to be a forerunner for mmorpgs. My anticipations for the game are hudge, the pre-orders alone a massive let alone when the game actually releases and the wow kids get their hands on it. Who cares about a little bit of down time int he beginning? Yes, it is really frustrating but there is hope! We have the dedicated members of cryptic working to solve the problem as we speak. I can't imagine what affect this game has had on the family's of the cryptic employee's, the countless hours fixing bugs and patching this and patching that, programming this then reprogramming it again.

I agree, it sucks that the servers are down but can we really blame them for wanting to get an hour of sleep? Can we really say that the game is a failure based on the first two days of a pre-release? I don't think so. I believe that the servers will come back up and all will be good. Bugs are to be expected, the only thing they can do is keep their phones on and trust the community to understand their position. That's exactally what I'm doing, looking at it from their perspective. Could they have done things differently? I think not based on the fact that they didn't expect the massive amount of people that pre-ordered after the head start had begun plus all of the people that had already participated int he open and closed beta. So I ask again, can we blame them? I say no, we can't.

Love you for the game cryptic, keep at it, and plan a family vacation in a few months.
*Stands and Claps*
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.