Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Melee Weapons
01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
So, when open beta was still around, I managed to purchase a batleth at DS9 for my Vulcan, though I didn't get to use it. Has anyone advanced to Commander (which would impress me, considering the server down time) and purchased / tried one yet? In addition, have they added any Federation based melee weapons yet? Haven't seen any on the Exchange, but you know how random drops are...

I wonder if we could get those Vulcan sticks of doom Kirk and Spock fought with... what were they called again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I'd personally sponsor good ol' earth nail bat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
It couldn't be a nail bat... not in the Star Trek universe. Rather, it would be "Kinetic Force Rod with Neutronium Extensions, Mark VI"

And sadly, while waiting for the server, I looked up the stupid Vulcan weapn. Lirpa... yes, that's another 1000 nerd points for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 11:55 PM
theres loads of good earth melee weapons that im sure would still be around in some version or other in the future, various knives, nunchakus, tonfa, sai, even short swords and some form of baton with a stun feature

interesting...hope they put stuff like that out there
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:37 AM
A lot of people were posting some good suggestions for weapons before the board got wiped. It would be nice to see some options.

Id like to see a wakizashi and or a ninjato both are small and would make sense as close quarter weapons.
A tonfa would also work well, also some kinda future glowing dagger thing. It would be great to see them being able to be used with the hand to hand combo system if there small. So you could still kick punch but also now stab.

A kit or skill that would grant you some hand to hand while still holding a range weapon would be nice also like the bullet ballet in champions. In champions you can use a pistol while still kicking punching and pistol whipping mobs, looks cool.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:00 AM
actually the martial arts moves you get when fightin with no weapon ar not that bad.

there are certain combinations with additional bonus effects. 112, 221, etc...
look into this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1496811
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicardoManeuver View Post
I'd personally sponsor good ol' earth nail bat.
i would second that
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd definitely like to see melee weapons federation side. Sulu was a fencer, and obviously the Vulcan lirpas, as well. I'd just like to see an avenue for races with the melee damage bonus to get a way to focus on melee without having to rely on un-improvable unarmed fighting.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Yerah Fed melee Weapons would be very interesting.
I want to fight those Klingons with a fine two-handed sword...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
In the original series there was a episode where sulu ran around the enterprise with a fencing foil attacking crew members (dont remember why he was acting mental) so yes even gene roddenberry himself said melee weapons still exist.