Lt. Commander
This is something that is really baffling me.

I wanted to have a female Trill as first officer on my ship. Since I'm playing a Cruiser, that meant Engineering Department, since that's the Commander rank slot.

However, as far as I have seen, there are just not female Trill Engineering Officers anywhere. The vendor does not sell them (at least, not at Sol or Deep Space K-7). There are none on the exchange. No one I talked to in-game has seen one.

There are a number of other combinations of department/race/gender that just do not seem to be available for Bridge Officers, as well. I am at a loss to explain what the reasoning could be not to offer all possible combinations.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
I noticed this too. I don't like these race/gender restrictions on class.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Well, really they should make it so that the list of recruits available is generated randomly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:38 AM
IIRC, the list of BO recruits is generated randomly, but only refreshed once per day. I never bothered to confirm this firsthand during open beta, so don't assume it to be true until you've seen it for yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Not that is matters as you get a free customisation when you first pick up yout Boff. Change their name, race, shoes.... go nuts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlore
Not that is matters as you get a free customisation when you first pick up yout Boff. Change their name, race, shoes.... go nuts.
You can't change a BOffs race. You can change his/her appearance (limited to the race), name, uniform. But the actual race and gender itself, those are not customizable.

The closest thing the OP can probably go for is to get a Female BOff with the race: "Unknown/Alien", and just customize it to look like a Trill.

I too am also in a somewhat similar problem as the OP. I was planning to have a.... um... female orion Federation engineering bridge officer (stop looking at me like that >_>). But alas, there's none to be had, unless you go Klingon. So I just made one up using Unknown or Alien as the race. But yeah, would've been nice to get the real thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny
IIRC, the list of BO recruits is generated randomly, but only refreshed once per day. I never bothered to confirm this firsthand during open beta, so don't assume it to be true until you've seen it for yourself.
I've never heard that before, I just assumed it was fixed. I'll have to give it a look today when the servers go back up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:03 PM
You might be able to find a blue/green BO, thats the race your looking for, I know I found a couple klingons (as fed) and a trill science officer, so maybe you'll get lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
I've never heard that before, I just assumed it was fixed. I'll have to give it a look today when the servers go back up.
I did find a blue female trill engineering officer during beta..... don't know if this one is still in the game or not, but it was random requisition reward.