Lt. Commander
This is my first MMO, and I am a fan of VOY, DS9, and ENT. I haven't had the pleasure of TNG or TOS, but in time. The times available for playing are on weekdays and on PST, usually in the night time, and occasionally on the weekends. STO is a much anticipated game for me and will be immersing myself to the game for the next couple of years.

With that said, I am looking for a fleet who values guiding VERY raw recruits (like me) in every step of the way and also one that keeps fun and hardcore as two separate options, but always allows for both options at any given time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:36 AM
If you are into Romulans then by all means check us out.Our forums are here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:36 AM
we're not really hardcore at all but some of our members are new to mmo's.
http://roguespecter.webs.com/apps/forums/

come check us out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Take a look at Heresy. http://heresy.mmobox.co.uk.

We're built on the semi-hardcore ideal to cater for all kinds of players, not just the hardcore ones but casual players too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Hey there Starfleet,

I am Letum Omnis, of TCON (The Consortium).

Our fleet (guild) has always catered to helping out new players, and are more than happy to answer questions, and provide information. Our website is also full of very useful tips on ship setups and more....

You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, and are a"family style" group, without any specific time requirements.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
  1. We are extremely well organized, with command structure, ranks, and advancement in place.
  2. Clearly identified means of promotion within the fleet that corresponds with the in game ranking structure.
  3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
  4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
  5. Good size fleet, (over 65 on the roster now, and growing).
  6. Global member base (U.S., UK, NZ), so we typically will have someone on at all times.
  7. Seven (7) year history together in various MMO's, and have accomplished much in our previous MMO's
  8. A nice mix of folks who RP. So if you enjoy that, we can offer it as well.
  9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
  10. We have vent, and forums.

I suggest heading over to our primary recruting thread and our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, on our forums, or in game.

My in game name is the same as my signature. (Letum Omnis@flakk)

Links to our webpage and primary recruiting thread are in my signature.
(Contain additional information)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:04 AM
What follows is information on the Captain's Alliance.

--------------------------------------

Name: The Captains Alliance
Affiliation: Federation (with some play in other factions)
Style of Play: Mature and Casual but with respect and a lot of fun.
Audio Server: Yes, we maintain our own private Teamspeak server.

The Captains Alliance is currently accepting applications for new members to join our team of players who have worked hard to create an environment filled with honor and respect even as it is mature and laid back.

After all ... having fun is what its all about!

------------

"The Captains Alliance is a Fleet (or guild) for players seeking a mature yet casual game-play within the online universe of Star Trek Online.

We offer our players a loose structure that will allow them their choice of group or solo PvP or PvE playing options as well as a network where they can either participate in regularly scheduled fleet actions (missions/battles) or find other fleet members online who want to join them for spur-of-the-moment missions / battles.

Although our players primarily play from the standpoint of the Federation, many will also field ships / characters among the other factions in STO of which we will have resources available to assist them.

Ie. ... It does not matter if you are someone that can play only a few days a week or several hours every day, we want you to be able to play the game YOU want to play as you want to play it.

Here is some of what we are hoping for ..

1. For the members of our alliance to have fun within the Star Trek Online universe.
2. For our Fleet (and its website) to be a place of respect and fellowship.
** Ie. We are looking to be a safe haven for mature players.
3. To provide a network whereby our members can team up spur-of-the-moment with others who are also online as well as be able to participate in schedule fleet operations.
4. To create a Fleet environment where the player can play the game in a style that best fits how THEY want to play.
5. To offer a mixture of PvP and PvE playing opportunities.
6. To not force our players into fielding only one ship / character within the fleet.
7. To allow our members the opportunity to also field ships / characters from other factions for variety in game play.
8. To provide discussion forums and chat rooms to assist in coordinating and in teaming up for missions and game play with others within the fleet.
9. To provide a private Teamspeak server for use in providing in-game voice communications for player groupings working together while inside Star Trek Online.
10. To allow for combat instances, tournaments and WarGames to take place within our fleet for fun, recreation and honing skills.
11. To provide a simple rank structure based on a player's time with our fleet mixed with progress and deeds within the game / fleet in addition to recognizing administrative personnel working for the fleet.
12. To provide a structure where they can seek help, get advice and find tips to help with game-play.

Interesting in joining up? ... Register with our forums and submit your application within our recruitment forum on our community website!

*** Please note that we are giving players the option of naming a ship squadron to go with their primary (aka. squadron command) ship as players likely have the option of fielding more than one ship with their STO accounts. This way if you are logged in but playing with one of your secondary ships ... The ship remains a part of and is recognized by the Fleet.