Lt. Commander
Ok im not a troll here cause i really like STO...........but i feel i must vent my anger at the current state of things now were live.

I was just about to finish a tough mission on the ground and was at the last stage to be told without warning that the shard is going down...........AGAIN and then logged straight out!

I think thats unacceptable,. And all we get on the forums is bassically a big FU.

Please wait, were sorry thanks. Nothing more. Mabye if they were a bit more forth coming then we would be a little more understanding?

Also do they not read the forums at all or care what we think? Taking the basic attack autofire off ground combat? why? in a game hwere you have to move with the keyboard alot as well as tab target and and use skills mapped to the number keys its extremly fiddly and makes the UI seem clunky.

I see they are not listening to the many threads about the autofore of beam weapons in space and now they take more away?!!!

To add to that the action bar on the ground does not save the skills i put there making me put back all my skills EVERY time i beam down to a planet MOST annoying.

They are starting to ruin this game for me and i really want to play it.

WERE NOT IN BETA ANYMORE GUYS IM PAYING TO PLAY! cmon.

Rant over........Ah thats better. ;-) See you guys in space.........Mabye

Im off to do a few heroics whilst the "Emergency Maint" is carryed out.

Peace sorry for the wall. Please dont hate xxxx
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
You need stress relief from a game that's supposed to be fun and stress relieving?!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Yeah
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liden
You need stress relief from a game that's supposed to be fun and stress relieving?!
"Supposed to be"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Blame the suits at atari for rushing a major IP out the door to cash in bigtime. And as usual it is the fans that get screwed again.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Yep
01-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
Blame the suits at atari for rushing a major IP out the door to cash in bigtime. And as usual it is the fans that get screwed again.
/signed
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
I think this is what has happened.

Even though MMOs are rough at launch, i really get the feeling from past experience, that there should have been more development time before the release, and i can lay bets that Cryptic wanted this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
They can't get the stack of Commodore Vic 20s they're using, to run the game... fixing content is likely secondary at this point and I agree with the auto attack complaint wholeheartedly. I hope you weren't doing that damned Widbrat (or whatever they call themselves) mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takvah View Post
They can't get the stack of Commodore Vic 20s they're using, to run the game...
Maybe they're multi-tasking them to have an epic game of Gorf.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
This is the way it goes for a new MMO at launch, not a damn thing you can do about it and just need to get used to it.

I been through this over and over again since UO days in the early 90s or whenever that game was released. Every damn MMO starts this way and depending on how good the company is they fix it fast or you suffer for months.

I am betting we suffer for months with Cryptic, cause I hear CO is still a mess and now they are starting another MMO and they still have not fixed CO or this one. Seems they are just to greedy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilel
This is the way it goes for a new MMO at launch, not a damn thing you can do about it and just need to get used to it.

I been through this over and over again since UO days in the early 90s or whenever that game was released. Every damn MMO starts this way and depending on how good the company is they fix it fast or you suffer for months.

I am betting we suffer for months with Cryptic, cause I hear CO is still a mess and now they are starting another MMO and they still have not fixed CO or this one. Seems they are just to greedy.
Simply because it happens repeatedly does it mean it cannot be avoided. The suits are worried about spending too much on hardware that may sit unused once interest dies off, but be under no illusion, this is avoidable.