Captain
The temporal phaser rifle. My only itty bitty complaint and it doesn't have to be taken care of ANYTIME soon, but here it is.

What in the hell is the point of having a front handle to grip if my toon holds it like a standard rifle BEHIND THE GRIP?

Also, what's the damn point of shouldering a rifle if it has no buttstock and your holding the back end of it?

Again doesn't have to be fixed now or what have you, just two thinks irking me about this awesome rifle I don't have to worry about trading out cause it levels with me.

Don't get me wrong, love the rifle, just two things to nitpick and go WTF?
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Career Officer
# 2
11-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I haven't seen the Temporal Phaser yet so could you post a screenshot? I'm just curious to see this pose. I'm familiar with similar weapon pose oddities in other games.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 3
11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
I haven't seen the Temporal Phaser yet so could you post a screenshot? I'm just curious to see this pose. I'm familiar with similar weapon pose oddities in other games.
There are actually crates full of them littered around the Ground Combat zone of the Sphere.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 4
11-26-2013, 01:06 PM
At a guess, the temporal weapons are the way they are because that's how they looked in the show--they don't look like a Cryptic design, so I don't think you should blame them this time. That said, I haven't actually seen any of the episodes that deal with the 29th century.

It would make sense to grip the front handle of the rifle, but that would require adding a new set of animations for a fairly small detail. And to be fair, you don't always have to hold the grip of a rifle in real life.

You "shoulder" stockless weapons for the same reason you raise a pistol--to look down the (in Star Trek, usually invisible) sights. I suppose if Starfleet has some sort of HUD that shows you exactly where the weapon is pointing you don't need to shoulder, but I've never seen any suggestion of that. Plus, you know, animations again.
Community Moderator
# 5
11-26-2013, 01:18 PM
As this is an "art" related feedback, I have moved the thread to the appropriate forum.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 6
11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
Also, what's the damn point of shouldering a rifle if it has no buttstock and your holding the back end of it?
Because that is the proper way to fire a weapon if you want to hit your target. I know movies like to have the fire from the hip uber badass hit a penny from 100 yards shots, but thats absurd and anyone firing from the hip looks like an idiot that shouldnt be allowed to touch any kind of weapon.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 7
11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Because that is the proper way to fire a weapon if you want to hit your target. I know movies like to have the fire from the hip uber badass hit a penny from 100 yards shots, but thats absurd and anyone firing from the hip looks like an idiot that shouldnt be allowed to touch any kind of weapon.
I know this, but you don't put it up to your sholder like that, can't move your trigger hand to traverse very well. You hold it up so you can sight, but you don't put it up against your shoulder.
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Commander
# 8
11-26-2013, 05:32 PM
The Nanite Disruptor and Romulan Disruptor Weapons, as well as the new Piercing Beam Rifles lack a stock and you shoulder it as well. I really hate how rifle-style weapons look without stocks, especially something like a sniper rifle.
Captain
# 9
11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyingzero View Post
The Nanite Disruptor and Romulan Disruptor Weapons, as well as the new Piercing Beam Rifles lack a stock and you shoulder it as well. I really hate how rifle-style weapons look without stocks, especially something like a sniper rifle.
A lot of suppression fire weapons lack stocks. And you definitely don't want to shoulder one of those.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.