Lt. Commander
# 1 You deserve what you tolerate
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Standard Navy aphorism #2

I won't tolerate an unfinished product by launch day, and it's just not that hard to not complete my pre-order purchase. There's nothing tough about what STO does. STO isn't the least bit ground breaking. We've seen this all before and you've done this all before. That's why all the non-fanbois are ****ed. We expect more than what we're getting.

Standard Navy aphorism #1 is "You get what you inspect." We did inspect this product through the beta process and apparently not well enough.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
a corollary is

"You dont get what you dont ask for"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
"QQ" said Mr. 10 Chars the 3rd
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Never play an MMO until a month or two after launch, problem solved. If you refuse that, you have to accept that you will experience some birth pangs. It's as simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
Never play an MMO until a month or two after launch, problem solved. If you refuse that, you have to accept that you will experience some birth pangs. It's as simple as that.
Oh so the small print when I ordered the game said:

(oh and by the way, the server cannot stay up for more than 10 hours without going down when both US and Europe play so if you dont mind, please buy our game in a few months when we figure out a way to fix this, in the meantime anybody else who is happy to pay $50 and not get the service that you are paying for then please do so but you have no right to complain as this is new and we dont know what we are doing but we will take your money anyway)

HMMMM I must have missed that.......
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
More like a year. It takes at least a year for an MMO to mature and have a decent endgame.

Hell I am only playing because there is literally nothing else that interests me ATM. I had some hope for TRO but it got pushed to 2011.

I am considering PotBS though (which has now matured after an equally awful launch).
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
More like a year. It takes at least a year for an MMO to mature and have a decent endgame.

Hell I am only playing because there is literally nothing else that interests me ATM. I had some hope for TRO but it got pushed to 2011.

I am considering PotBS though (which has now matured after an equally awful launch).

Not really.. though a year its definatly a huge jump...

Dont want to have buggy issues,,, and server problems.. Dont play first month... Period.. If you dont know that , you shouldnt be playing an MMO period..

Maybe Peggle is more the OP's speed
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterguy View Post
Standard Navy aphorism #2

I won't tolerate an unfinished product by launch day, and it's just not that hard to not complete my pre-order purchase. There's nothing tough about what STO does. STO isn't the least bit ground breaking. We've seen this all before and you've done this all before. That's why all the non-fanbois are ****ed. We expect more than what we're getting.

Standard Navy aphorism #1 is "You get what you inspect." We did inspect this product through the beta process and apparently not well enough.

Can you name another game that only has one server in the MMO world.. (besides eve)

Id call that pretty darn unique.. almost ground breaking...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
Can you name another game that only has one server in the MMO world.. (besides eve)

Id call that pretty darn unique.. almost ground breaking...
I'd call it ground breaking if the game wasn't a conglomeration of tiny instances.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitharen View Post
I'd call it ground breaking if the game wasn't a conglomeration of tiny instances.
Im sure the instances will grow less and less as the world matures and spreads out... You couldnt run this game if all of a sudden day one.. 20k people spawned on the space dock.. it just cant happen.. EVE cant even do that..

ohh wait.. You cant even go walk around in space dock in eve..