Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Forget this game.
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Cryptic. You have now lost me.
I saw the pre-beta stuff was excited. I read a whole bunch of Closed-Beta-era Reviews/Previews. Most of them loved the game, but still said it needed some work. A few outright told me not to spend money on this game. I was in on the open beta from day 1. I made my character, logged onto the actual game saw my character for ten seconds before the server kicked me out. I should have stopped then, but I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt, I continued through the beta, slugging my way through the constant crashes and "downtime". I dealt with the bug where your ship loads instead of your character before crashing my game. I even had a time when the game crashed my computer. Now I am in the Headstart with (what SHOULD be) the release version of the game and, in addition to the unfixed bugs from the Beta, I have to deal with QUEUES???



**** you. I would demand my money back, but I'd never see a cent of it. You have put me in a whole new dimension of ****ed off. I could not even begin to express my anger in a written and coherent sense. It has actually taken me about a half and hour to calm the **** down from when I was yelling obscenities at my computer screen. This game showed so much promise three months ago and now, well, I can literally not wait until Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out because, while they have never made an MMO before, Bioware makes games that actually work when they're released. WHat has Cryptic made, Champions Online? City of Heroes/City of Villians? Not only were both crap but they were the same ****ing game. It's like Cryptic didn't even try and develop a second game, they just RE-RELEASED THEIR FIRST ONE. STO will forever be remembered as a Second Rate MMO, from a Second Rate MMO Company, with FIrst Rate IP; just wasted potential.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Bye. You won't be missed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Do you even realize WHY there is a queue now?

The server load STO is now getting regularly hit with is a massive exception to most MMOs, to the point Cryptic has, apparently, been forced to slightly lower the server population cap for the time being in order to keep the server stable. And with the queue, they can prevent everyone from slamming the server over and over trying to get in. Both of those attributed to folks like myself being physically incapable of logging in at certain hours, and getting hit with rampant DCs that left us, once again, praying to actually get in. Queues area necessary evil to insure that EVERYONE gets an equal chance to play until they can get their servers set up to handle a larger load, not just those who won the "lucky connection lottery" (note that I live on the SHSU campus in Huntsville, which does have broadband, but for whatever reason causes me to have connection issue with STO, while back at my house in Houston I can login with little to no effort and play with zero worry of DCing).

Gut instinct says, day before launch, servers spend the vast majority of the time down for planned maintenance.

If you can't understand why this system NEEDS to be in place for the time being, then well... guess that's your problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
**** you. I would demand my money back, but I'd never see a cent of it. You have put me in a whole new dimension of ****ed off. I could not even begin to express my anger in a written and coherent sense. It has actually taken me about a half and hour to calm the **** down from when I was yelling obscenities at my computer screen.
I don't think the server being down is your problem...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Also note, to the moron again:

Bioware, to date, has done console games and port-to-pc games... IE standalone games.

Go back to WoW kiddo. It is calling you. can you hear it?

Funny though. This guy sounds like a heroin addict who misplaced his stash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Can I have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylander View Post
Also note, to the moron again:

Bioware, to date, has done console games and port-to-pc games... IE standalone games.

Go back to WoW kiddo. It is calling you. can you hear it?

Funny though. This guy sounds like a heroin addict who misplaced his stash.
That is completely wrong. Bioware started with PC games, among them, Neverwinter Nights. It was a pure PC product too. They were not standalone either, they had multiplayer capability, but agreed, not MMO level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
The Original poster is allowed is opinion and understandably. Not as if mmos are just starting to be made they have been being made not for well over 12+ years.

Cryptic is not new to the scene either...and que times HAVE TO GO I agree. There are no excuses why these major issues should be happening on a release version of the game. Clearly as one poster mentioned seems someone at cryptic skimped on server array setup...and why? I have no clue as the Star Trek IP is going to draw alot of folks...and they should have prepared for this.

My last rant is Cryptic as well needs a community manager that is more on the ball with these issues and explaining to us what is going on and why. I do not even see that.

Frustrating.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
And to the person calling the other guy a moron...its headstart NOT BETA this should not be occuring now this much and he like many have already paid for a lifetime or year subscription....therefore they ARE entitled to feel screwed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
Do you even realize WHY there is a queue now?

The server load STO is now getting regularly hit with is a massive exception to most MMOs, to the point Cryptic has, apparently, been forced to slightly lower the server population cap for the time being in order to keep the server stable. And with the queue, they can prevent everyone from slamming the server over and over trying to get in. Both of those attributed to folks like myself being physically incapable of logging in at certain hours, and getting hit with rampant DCs that left us, once again, praying to actually get in. Queues area necessary evil to insure that EVERYONE gets an equal chance to play until they can get their servers set up to handle a larger load, not just those who won the "lucky connection lottery" (note that I live on the SHSU campus in Huntsville, which does have broadband, but for whatever reason causes me to have connection issue with STO, while back at my house in Houston I can login with little to no effort and play with zero worry of DCing).

Gut instinct says, day before launch, servers spend the vast majority of the time down for planned maintenance.

If you can't understand why this system NEEDS to be in place for the time being, then well... guess that's your problem.
I can see Queues working but if this is true then why all the rampant disconnects and failure to launch instances? If the queues were to prevent this then why is it still occuring? I agree that they have a shot (slim but there) of fixing these problems before launch. It will take downtime, more servers, this is the headstart for those of us who pre-bought. What is going to happen Tuesday at 10AM PST when the thousands more who didn;t want to pre-buy come in like barbarians crashing the gate?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.