Lt. Commander
Before I go through the hoops of customizing my Bridge crew I was wondering is it possible later if you get a "special" Bridge Officer to use it to upgrade a current one rather than replace it?
Lt. Commander
# 2 update
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
i tried updating my science and engineer with another bo and it failed. it told me it updtated it but the new skill never appeared anywhere and took place of current skill. so all in all id have to say its not working right atm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonpvh
i tried updating my science and engineer with another bo and it failed. it told me it updtated it but the new skill never appeared anywhere and took place of current skill. so all in all id have to say its not working right atm.
Hang on, are you saying the new skill replaced an existing skill?

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. Bridge Officers can have a max of four space skills and ground skills. If you train 'em in new skills, they override the existing ones. They shouldn't just add on.

But if you're saying that you didn't get ANYTHING from training, then it's entirely possible that you've been hit by some sort of bug or horrible server lag problem. If it's not working for you, bug it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
You get random BOs who request to transfer to your crew. If one has a skill you want for your BO, you can have him train that BO in that skill. Note that it will erase the previous skill.

There is also a power trainer in SOL station that will train your BOs.

Example; I have a 2 eng. BOs with 'power to shields'. Rather then get rid of one, I'll just have him trained in a different skill, like 'power to engines' whenever I get back to SOL. I just won't put any points in the skill I don't want. This way, if I like his ground skill I can level that up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
But also keep in mind, that even though skills can be replaced through training, Traits (which can complement skills with additional bonuses) never transfer... You may be faced with choice having a 'rare' BO with great traits, (which can't be replaced), but with begining skills, (which can always be trained up) You have to decide drives your decision, the needs of the short term vs. the needs of the long term....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
I have never seen a BO with a trait that would be worthwhile. I also tested with a BO That had the Efficient trait, and it has no effect on your ship skills.