Lt. Commander
# 1 Q's
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello, im just wondering if someone could reasure me or even inform me of what the situation is going to be on queing system.

Now i dont want to get alot of abuse from other member i just would liek to know :

I've paid for a lifetime subscription to STO and i love playign the game however i just tried to log on and i got a mesage sayign "The server is full and not accepting any more players currenlty"

Seeing this worried me ALOT seems as the game hasnt even bee released yet and the server is already full.

No i know im not paying monthly but 170 is alot of money and if i cant get into the server for which i and many others have paid to play on what is going ot be done about that?

This is smy first MMORPG so forgive me if i dont understand the concepts of how the server will work and so forth.

Will a bigger server for capicity be issued if this becomes a regular problem, i would be disapointed if every time i logged on i got that message especially when i payed that amount of monery to play.

Thanks for you answer in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Well let's be frank here, no one wants to get flamed but people get flamed all the time anyway...

Now that that's out, Cryptic has consistently been underestimating the player base for this game, and have told us that they are working on upgrading server capacity. This happened to a lot of us during open beta, and it's not surprising it's happening again.

They are working on the problem, rest assured (I bought a lifetime sub too, so I'm not just placating you), but for now, the only solution is to just keep trying to log in. This was Cryptic's answer the first time around; just keep login spamming because you never know when someone will log off and you'll weasel your way into the server
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm in total agreement. as I've been waiting to get on and play for 2 hours and it says I'm like 560 something of 900 people waiting. really... makes me wonder what the game at launch will be like ... or if its gonna be worth even trying to play... Don't get me wrong I love the game. Someone over there at Cryptic just really needs to get this issue solved
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I really hope they sort this soon becuase I would like to actually have a head start. Feels like whenever I log on im stuck waiting or the server ends up going down. And this is the first ever MMO that I have ever had to q to get in. I hope this is sorted soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas107 View Post
I really hope they sort this soon becuase I would like to actually have a head start. Feels like whenever I log on im stuck waiting or the server ends up going down. And this is the first ever MMO that I have ever had to q to get in. I hope this is sorted soon.
wow had this and they'd add a new server to lighten up the load. cryptic we don't need a q system we need more servers who wants to pay to sit and wait to get on to play?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
While I think that a Q system is a nice additive, and is definitely an improvement to hit Enter, disconnected from Server, Hit Enter, Repeat for a long time....

The Q lengths are a bit alarming ....542 out f 1241? and I've only gone down 3 in the last hour?

Realizing that the only people on right now are the pre-orders that offered access to the Head Start program....Tuesday will be a really rough day for Cryptic when the rest of the world comes on...

I will say thank you for the documented Q...but it is still a bit concerning.

ooo 541 of 1285..86...87.......
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
i was up at 954...then i dropped to 84 very quickly. I have now been sitting at 84 for 20 minutes.

cant wait till the 2nd
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I see this as a good thing. It means the game isn't even released officially and their servers are already maxed out and then some. This game is looking really good as far as success and player base.

Rest assured Cryptic will add more servers and upgrade hardware
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:45 PM
all the fanbois will defend cryptic to the end, but bottom line is this, blizzard has over 10million subscribers at 15$/month and a multi shard server array and there are still queue's. Frankly I dont see the queue's in this game getting any better, only worse. I'm just glad I didn't waste $250 on a lifetime subscription just to sit in a 3 hr queue then 5 min after finally getting through the queue, 'unexpected maint' for 3 hrs, everyday.

sorry but the jury is in on this one and the 'open beta' which wasn't open and frankly marginally operational, has now transformed into a 'headstart' in which downtime has been the norm and now a 1200 person 4 hr queue. Although the 'single shard server' concept and instancing every single aspect of the game, may have looked good on paper, that experiment is now over andn it was a complete failure. Move this to multi server, and get some redundancy in your authentication servers. You cannot run a game like this with single points of failure in the system. at least not for long.

love the game concept, but the lack of resolution of the failures in the foundation of the 'MMO' part of this game is really cutting the legs out from underneath it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasheater View Post
all the fanbois will defend cryptic to the end, but bottom line is this, blizzard has over 10million subscribers at 15$/month and a multi shard server array and there are still queue's. Frankly I dont see the queue's in this game getting any better, only worse. I'm just glad I didn't waste $250 on a lifetime subscription just to sit in a 3 hr queue then 5 min after finally getting through the queue, 'unexpected maint' for 3 hrs, everyday.

sorry but the jury is in on this one and the 'open beta' which wasn't open and frankly marginally operational, has now transformed into a 'headstart' in which downtime has been the norm and now a 1200 person 4 hr queue. Although the 'single shard server' concept and instancing every single aspect of the game, may have looked good on paper, that experiment is now over andn it was a complete failure. Move this to multi server, and get some redundancy in your authentication servers. You cannot run a game like this with single points of failure in the system. at least not for long.

love the game concept, but the lack of resolution of the failures in the foundation of the 'MMO' part of this game is really cutting the legs out from underneath it.
I'm one of these fanbois you mean and I usually defend Cryptic, but I really can't when it comes to their decision to put everyone on one server. I just can't. It doesn't make any logical sense. Even if they did instance it to hell and back.