Lt. Commander
# 1 What other MMOs had/have ques?
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
I am curious, not trolling, seriously asking as I know CO didnt' have one but I wasn't part of Beta/Head Start of say WOW, SWG, EQ/EQ2, ****, ***, LoTR etc?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
WoW has a queue system, though you'll usually only see it on a high pop server around the time of an expansion.

Theirs updates properly though and includes a time estimate as to the wait. Oh, and of course, when playing, you don't get DC'd all the time while zoning, so once you are in, you are pretty much in until you decide to log out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
TY Ax, anyone else chime in?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
I think quite a few had queues at launch for at least a little while. And some still do, as Axterix already mentioned, espeically when there's a big expansion or upgrade.

Still, though, to have a queue this long before the official retail launch does not make me excited for Tuesday. Can you imagine what it'll be like when everyone gets their hands on the game? Holy crap......
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
WoW has a queue, you just don't see it much because they're pretty good at managing their server populations.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Sounds like devs are being a bit naughty and using headstart days as stress tests. Ive pre ordered but i dont bother even downloading the client now , learnt my lesson on other mmos. So now i avoid headstarts and early access stuff.
But it does look like they are using you guys to do final stressing of system. Id rather see a queue tho for a game than no players but agree no use ein 3 hour queues to play when you only have a couple of hours to play each evening

WoW had terrible queues are first.
Warhammer had queues on a lot of serverss on launch ( that didnt last :/ )

Itss just the way game admins control stability ( they say) No use in logging in first attempt to get booted from unstable zones etc. Still bloody annoying tho .
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
WoW had crazy queues at launch. Usually took at least 15 minutes to get on during primetime.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, i play Navy Field and never, in 3 years of play ive seen anything like this, 3 servers and no queue at all, never, ever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
THis is the first game I recall queueing up for. I can't speak for WoW cause it was never one of my games. However, SOE games (don't shoot me) usually have multiple servers SWG used to have 24 that htey cut down to 12 and EQ2 still have something like 15. Whether or not they are straight servers or "shards" is another story, but I have never waited in line in either of those games. I think the last time I remember waiting in line to get online somewhere was a BBS in the 80's
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceilican View Post
I am curious, not trolling, seriously asking as I know CO didnt' have one but I wasn't part of Beta/Head Start of say WOW, SWG, EQ/EQ2, ****, ***, LoTR etc?
EVE Online has a queue when the servers get full
Wow has a queue when the servers get full

just 2 off the top of my head.