Lt. Commander
seriously,
ive seen more whiny complaining people last 2 days for headstart then ive seen at any launch before. alot of which are people who bought the lifetime subs and complaining about the que's downtime, and such.

i have to say, me and i think i can speak for my friend, are rather surprised to say the least, as to peoples complaints. we both bought lifetime subs for STO, i was stuck at a zone loading screen for 10mins and disconnected, and he cant even get in at all. but we're still happy we did.

why is no one else? are we really the only ones?

and does it come down to our expectations being practical, too low, or others being too high?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
sorry but i'm starting to get really irritated by the anti whiner brigade. let the whiners whine fgs and stop preaching.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm quite happy with my lifetime sub. Early in the life of an MMO I expect (but still dislike) some queuing and maybe even a crash herre and there. I am LOVING this game so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
If i had the money id go buy lifetime right now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
If everyone is so happy with the game, why is it they're here complaining about the complainers, when they could be playing the game instead?

I am happy with my lifetime purchase, but I am not happy to have to sit in a 2000 person queue when there is only 1 single server to attempt to login to. They clearly need to rethink the single server setup that isn't working for a more popular game then they are used to dealing with. The "rush delivery" excuse for new hardware was already used in open beta, if they didn't learn from OB and order extra servers for standby, then people have a right to be PO'd.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
If everyone is so happy with the game, why is it they're here complaining about the complainers, when they could be playing the game instead?

I am happy with my lifetime purchase, but I am not happy to have to sit in a 2000 person queue when there is only 1 single server to attempt to login to. They clearly need to rethink the single server setup that isn't working for a more popular game then they are used to dealing with. The "rush delivery" excuse for new hardware was already used in open beta, if they didn't learn from OB and order extra servers for standby, then people have a right to be PO'd.
Simply because reading all your whining is so $#*& funny.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
im waiting to make my real character till i get my pre-order items, im just tinkering around in headstart really, and formed the fleet with my friends and group from ****. but i dont want to play too much only to have to start over again to get my joined trill, my starship, and other pre-order items. so im just taking it easy, playing abit of the games from steams bargin bin till tuesday and poping in sto off and on for missions, wont hurt to collect money and items for my real character^^ but come tuesday, i play more seriously.

and i do admit, i expected alot of the server population problems to be gone for headstart as beta got pretty stable i thought. still some bugs and issues but nothing serious on my end. but now we have worse server population problems then before. so im rather surprised, maybe abit annoyed but as i said above, im not playing seriously atm so maybe why it doesnt bother me as much.

but yes, ive grown abit used to some things. and that maybe bad in some ways, but it also helps make things abit easier to take when problems like this come up.

but Nagus, my post was more of a curiosity complaint then a complaint about complainers :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl

Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevodeevo View Post
sorry but i'm starting to get really irritated by the anti whiner brigade. let the whiners whine fgs and stop preaching.
I hope that Cryptic can add a folder for these folks and move their threads there! They can have a nice little cry party with themselves!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
only reason I didn't buy the lifetime, I don't have the money atm. I am happy with the game though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Nope, I bought the life time and special edition game and im happy as can be. I know the game will be working fine in a few days, until then ill play when I can and do other things in the meantime. The problem is all of the school kiddies freaking out about not being able to play before school starts back.