Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Do you see the madness now when it happens? In beta many said no to queue but you all sat there and BEGGED Cryptic to put a queue in the game. Where are you now? Moved on to another game and Cryptic listened to you because all those people are silent now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
If we were to follow your logic though, and if they didn't implement any queue, nobody would be playing right now.

I'm in, just long loading times between each instance. Which is a issue in itself, and shows some weakness in the single server system where people have to queue to get in. At least it's popular am I right?

Think of the kittens!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Best example of "Becareful what you wish for" ever
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
There is nothing really wrong with the queue. It's the lack of server capacity that is wrong. The queue if very good for the people who can play, but it is also a door slammed in the face of people who anticipated something fun. It's disappointment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpa
There is nothing really wrong with the queue. It's the lack of server capacity that is wrong. The queue if very good for the people who can play, but it is also a door slammed in the face of people who anticipated something fun. It's disappointment.
Aggreed with this
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Do you see the madness now when it happens? In beta many said no to queue but you all sat there and BEGGED Cryptic to put a queue in the game. Where are you now? Moved on to another game and Cryptic listened to you because all those people are silent now.
You must be bloody retarded. Seriously. Back to school with you.

A queue will let you in, when you preceed through it - having nothing means you aint doing anything. ******.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozew
You must be bloody retarded. Seriously. Back to school with you.

A queue will let you in, when you preceed through it - having nothing means you aint doing anything. ******.
While you are in school know what the little red line under the words mean, ******.

Now I was asking for the queue people to show themselves now. I suspect a lot of them aren't even going to play beyond beta. They aren't as vocal now after beta. So again, where are they? Hiding?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
This thread looks familiar...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
I played EVE for over 2 years. It is a single server.

It also has a queue: For the login server (ie: when the login servers are overloaded it queues). it does NOT use a queue for purposes of server load, only to keep the login servers from crashing.

Since STO is a single server, that is the kind of login queue that it should have, ie: one to keep the login servers functional, not to enforce a maximum concurrent player limit.

A cap on concurrent players that is less than the timezone demand is unacceptable. Expand the server or add more servers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Do you see the madness now when it happens? In beta many said no to queue but you all sat there and BEGGED Cryptic to put a queue in the game. Where are you now? Moved on to another game and Cryptic listened to you because all those people are silent now.
nah, we're out there. People will complain about anything. If we didn't have the queue, they'd be complaining the servers are full and they can't get in. At least with a queue, we can see how many are ahead of us to get in...better than spamming the enter key wondering.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.