Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
So MES now removes fed shields same as cloak and Klingons are now granted green MK II gear at creation. Most feds wade into T1 pvp unprepared and not working together, then have a hissy fit when the klingons work well together and kill them all.

One other thing to mention is that a majority of Klingon players learned to work together in CB/OB in a way that feds never had to. Now that gear and cloak are more balanced for most teams, the Klingon skill advantage is becoming apparent.

Let's bring the fedball back, feds... Don't use MES and have no shield.... sit out in the open ready to phaser mash the first one that uncloaks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
So MES now removes fed shields same as cloak and Klingons are now granted green MK II gear at creation. Most feds wade into T1 pvp unprepared and not working together, then have a hissy fit when the klingons work well together and kill them all.

One other thing to mention is that a majority of Klingon players learned to work together in CB/OB in a way that feds never had to. Now that gear and cloak are more balanced for most teams, the Klingon skill advantage is becoming apparent.

Let's bring the fedball back, feds... Don't use MES and have no shield.... sit out in the open ready to phaser mash the first one that uncloaks!
Well we are only granted some green MK II gear at creation, the shield and a disruptor if I recall, everything else is standard white stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I only noticed a difference in the shield.

I can actually survive a few hits now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
If the mediocre newbie gear is an issue, the feds are not prepared enough to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:44 AM
yesterday, after getting my fed to Lt.cdr. i made a klink char ... just for the heck of it and to try out some pvp ...

i must say...T1 pvp for klingons is stupidly easy ... it reflected pretty much exactly what i encountered as a fed in T1 ... out of a total of roughly 50 matches starfleet won exactly 1.

and yes, the gear makes this even worse in T1 but T2 so far didnt seem that different to me(only played 5 matches as fed).

cloak simply is an insanely powerfull ability cause it lets klingons pick their fights ... that and evasive maneuvers which, combined with energy to engines, gives you a "get away from any fight" freecard ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
cloak simply is an insanely powerfull ability cause it lets klingons pick their fights ... that and evasive maneuvers which, combined with energy to engines, gives you a "get away from any fight" freecard ...
and if you dare raise a question of imbalance twenty people will stone you and call you a scrub
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
2 so far didnt seem that different to me(only played 5 matches as fed).

cloak hasn't changed since OB when the feds were winning every fight, it was the exact opposite it is now. And there are plenty of ways to knock out cloak. So why is it suddenly OP now?

Evasive maneuvers and energy to engines as well as engine batteries can be used by either side. So couldn't you do the same then hit MES?

I also know from experience that if the feds all focus fire on me I don't survive very long, not long enough to get away that's for sure. And using battle cloak is a gamble as I'll take a few hits with no shields as it engages.

Really the ONLY thing that has changed on klingon side from when feds were kicking ass is the new starting equipment which isn't that good. And if you don't have better equipment I have no freaking clue what your doing, because on the throw away fed i made to unlock klingon I have better gear then that. So on the one I am going to play after I get my retail key I'm sure will have much better shields and weapons etc by the time I hit lvl 6