Lt. Commander
# 1 Trill Troubles
01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Q: If a player creates a character during headstart, then enters his retail key at launch (which opens up the exclusives), do pre-existing characters receive the exclusive items and costumes?

A: Yes, except for the Joined Trill.
Are you serious?

I started as a Trill in the headstart, and now they're telling me I'll have to restart the character to get the bonuses.

Swell.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurMan667 View Post
Are you serious?

I started as a Trill in the headstart, and now they're telling me I'll have to restart the character to get the bonuses.

Swell.
Well, you were gambling on that Trill being somehow joined at launch, your fault. When I bought my pre-order, it was clear in my online transaction receipt that I had 2 products, a Head Start and a Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order. The page stated that the latter is not released until Feb. 2, and the joined Trill race is listed as a feature of THAT product not the Head Start. So the info was there to be deducted
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurMan667 View Post
Are you serious?

Swell.
it was made clear to us that all the pre-order bonuses were not available until launch, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Creating a regular Trill and creating a joined Trill will be two different options during character creations.

Those who have the Digital Deluxe can create a joined Trill or a regular Trill all else can only create a regular Trill which is what you created in headstart since the joined Trill is not unlocked on the account yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Creating a regular Trill and creating a joined Trill will be two different options during character creations.

Those who have the Digital Deluxe can create a joined Trill or a regular Trill all else can only create a regular Trill which is what you created in headstart since the joined Trill is not unlocked on the account yet.
Did you just make this up off the top of your head?

They stated specifically that you will NOT have the option of creating a regular trill once the DDE key is attached to your account.

All Trill you make after you add your Digital Deluxe key to your account will be Joined Trill.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda

They stated specifically that you will NOT have the option of creating a regular trill once the DDE key is attached to your account.

All Trill you make after you add your Digital Deluxe key to your account will be Joined Trill.
Where did they say that at could you link it for me?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Where did they say that at could you link it for me?
The forums were wiped so any dev posts are likely lost in the void

I can just ask you to trust me, or try it out yourself tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda

I didnt read this post either.... so I guess I havent done my research.... but thats what we have Doogie "The Chief Forum Research Scientist" for :p (Joking Doogie)......
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
I didnt read this post either.... so I guess I havent done my research.... but thats what we have Doogie "The Chief Forum Research Scientist" for :p (Joking Doogie)......
I may be wrong about the Trill and the Joined Trill being able to be made separately after the DDE retail key is applied.

I believe I had read it somewhere but I am unable to post a link so it is now mere speculation on my part.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Im not taking it as an attack, I apologize if it came out off that way (I didnt mean you were full of BS...I meant Atari is full of BS).....and your right. Anymore stuff coming out of atari Im waiting until offical Launch date.
I had the same reaction with Champions Online headstart and preorder items then I learned how they do things.

I see their logic behind making the items connected to the retail keys it protects the Merchants and I am sure the Merchants had a hand in it being done this way so I wonder if other people do not start doing preorder items the same way.

I am not saying the joined Trill is a preorder item; I know it is connected to the DDE of the game. I am just speaking in general since a lot assumed the Joined Trill is a preorder item.