Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold Spammers Begone
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Okay Launch day isn't even here officially and many of us are getting Gold Spamming in both Chat as well as a filled Email box. I know I am not the only one on-line & in Game that has already gotten sick of it ( or soon will be one of them)...so in an effort to get this stopped I am posting the drivvel that i ahve been getting it's reads like this:

Hellon, Cheap_Sto_Energy 100K only 19$ .All kinds of Games' Cheap In-game Currency on
http:// www(dot)ignmax(dot)com

CRYPTIC if you ever read thes threads...Shut them down A.S.A.P. You have just been given one of their addresses so there is no way you can't filter that particular address and save yourself a load of complains & lose of customers

I call on the STO community here to make you voice known --- Tell Cryptic we don't want these guys here!
Post the offending site or sites web address from your emails or the name@account-name from a chat spam in a report or ticket to Cryptic so Cryptic has no excuse { other than they don't read theses threads } to say they where not informed of the offender's site or account and couldn't put a stop to or filter on it :
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetone View Post
Okay Launch day isn't even here officially and many of us are getting Gold Spamming in both Chat as well as a filled Email box. I know I am not the only one on-line & in Game that has already gotten sick of it ( or soon will be one of them)...so in an effort to get this stopped I am posting the drivvel that i ahve been getting it's reads like this:

Hellon, Cheap_Sto_Energy 100K only 19$ .All kinds of Games' Cheap In-game Currency on
http:// www(dot)ignmax(dot)com

CRYPTIC if you ever read thes threads...Shut them down A.S.A.P. You have just been given one of their addresses so there is no way you can't filter that particular address and save yourself a load of complains & lose of customers

I call on the STO community here to make you voice known --- Tell Cryptic we don't want these guys here!
Post the offending site or sites web address from your emails or the name@account-name from a chat spam in this thread so Cryptic has no excuse { other than they don't read theses threads } to say they where not informed of the offender's site or account and couldn't put a stop to or filter on it :
I deleted them all but am right there with you...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:03 PM
you need to screenshot it else it could easily end up with taring ordinary gamers.

Also cryptic have specified that you shouldnt use the forums to name / shame gold sellers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I can understand why Cryptic does not want you to give out the name of gold farmers. More often then not it is the name of an honest gamers toon who's account became comprimised. So essentially you are tarnishing the name of a (possibly) good player that is the victim of being hacked. Also, gold farmers no longer EARN the gold themselves. They hack accounts to get it. So if you buy, you support hacking.

Blizzard Authenticator equivalent please! I'm sure "Cryptic Authenticator" is not yet trademarked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Yep, I just received the same thing, hope it gets some notice from Cryptic but I don't think they check these forums at all, so not sure how to get it to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Cheap_STO_Energy
Hellon,Cheap_Sto_Energy 100K only 19$ .All kinds of Games' Cheap In-game Currency onhttp://www.ignmax.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Its almost impossible to stop so get used to it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 11:22 PM
good thing is in star trek, federation side, money is long gone ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Someone suggested a screencap, so here you go (I only blacked out my personal mail):

http://imgur.com/sg6xQ.jpg