*soft applauds*
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
No it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I would have gotten more into Enterprise if they had not done two things. 1) used a re textured akira class as the Enterprise. 2) based most of there plot off of ZOMG time traveling bad guys.

I can almost get over number one. But really the whole time plots are just killing me they have been done to death.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
I would have gotten more into Enterprise if they had not done two things. 1) used a re textured akira class as the Enterprise. 2) based most of there plot off of ZOMG time traveling bad guys.

I can almost get over number one. But really the whole time plots are just killing me they have been done to death.
3) the captain that got his behind handed to him 24/7

Very much agree with your number 2.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
3) the captain that got his behind handed to him 24/7

Very much agree with your number 2.
Yeah Time plots are what made me give up on voyager. I mean really they had a whole season worth of eps that basically never happened becuase of time travel. Lately the Temporal Plot Device (TPD) seems to be there go to for a lot of things these days.

Want to run a story that will kill of someone but you don't want to really kill them off? TPD!
Want to blow up the ship by ramming the bad guy? No worry TPD!
Want to redo the whole thing over? TPD it is!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:

Enterprise NX-01

Akira class

Enterprise NX-01 blueprint

Akira class blueprint

Yes, their pylon and hull design is similar in that two separated beams support the drive section, but that's where the similarities end.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Enterprise NX-01

Akira class

Akira class blueprint

Yes, their pylon and hull design is similar in that two separated beams support the drive section, but that's where the similarities end.
Oh right they are completely different I can see now how the Enterprise looks totally like something that was built before the TOS. I mean really it looks so much like a prototype that would lead to everything seen in the TOS and original films.

No this is my issue. The tv show was made after TNG/First Contact when the akira came out. The art team could have tried to make something that look more dated and flowed better into TOS as it was seen. Instead they opted to use something that looked cool. I mean even in First Contact the prototype at lest looked like it could be the design that would lead to big ships along the same line.

The Enterprise looks not like a prototype from the past but something that is more at home in TNG/DS9/Voy. That really my issue.

That is also why I said I can get over it and number 2 time plots was my main reason for not getting into the series.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Enterprise NX-01

Akira class

Akira class blueprint

if its not broke, dont fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:

They had to have some sort of time travelling, they needed Sam to feel at home