Ensign
# 1 Unable to edit foundry
12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm unable to edit foundry missions.

The foundry just sits at the "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching foundry updates." screen until my account times out.

I've included a link to the screen I'm stuck at because every time I report this problem I'm told to "disable on demand updates." Which I have done or some one says " the foundry is fine I can access it."

I can get to the foundry just fine, I just can't do anything.

I have 15 of 16 available slots and 1 slot taken but I can't edit.

http://i.imgur.com/uJ15wF7.jpg
Captain
# 2
12-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatispy View Post
I'm unable to edit foundry missions.

The foundry just sits at the "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching foundry updates." screen until my account times out.

I've included a link to the screen I'm stuck at because every time I report this problem I'm told to "disable on demand updates." Which I have done or some one says " the foundry is fine I can access it."

I can get to the foundry just fine, I just can't do anything.

I have 15 of 16 available slots and 1 slot taken but I can't edit.

http://i.imgur.com/uJ15wF7.jpg
Try starting a new project and load into it. Then, go back and see if you can get in the first one.
Ensign
# 3
12-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Try starting a new project and load into it. Then, go back and see if you can get in the first one.
Nope, same problem. Just sits at that screen till my account times out and logs me out.
Captain
# 4
12-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatispy View Post
Nope, same problem. Just sits at that screen till my account times out and logs me out.
Hmm.. OK try closing down STO, relaunching, and force verifying your files. There is an option to do that in the launcher before hitting engage.
Captain
# 5
12-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Also, the same thing happened to HippieJohn. Castmodean told him to delete the contents of this folder:

Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\Data

But not the folder itself.

Doing this solved this issue for HippieJohn. I will leave it up to you to trust it or not, since I don't understand the reason behind it, other than maybe there is a corrupt file in there.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-19-2013, 08:13 PM
IIRC the issue was that there was a corrupt file but for whatever reason the updater would miss it if you chose "force verify".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Also, the same thing happened to HippieJohn. Castmodean told him to delete the contents of this folder:

Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\Data

But not the folder itself.

Doing this solved this issue for HippieJohn. I will leave it up to you to trust it or not, since I don't understand the reason behind it, other than maybe there is a corrupt file in there.
this folder does not exist on steam. what are you refering to?