Lt. Commander
So basically my 'Headstart' has consisted of waiting in line, and 'oops, down for unscheduled maintenance lol'.

Oh, and my pre-ordered Deluxe edition bonus characters can't even be enabled until the retail release anyways.. how am I further ahead than Joe Sixpack who buys a DVD-ROM at Best Buy tomorrow?

This is what we get for giving you money.

GG, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryusoma View Post
So basically my 'Headstart' has consisted of waiting in line, and 'oops, down for unscheduled maintenance lol'.

Oh, and my pre-ordered Deluxe edition bonus characters can't even be enabled until the retail release anyways.. how am I further ahead than Joe Sixpack who buys a DVD-ROM at Best Buy tomorrow?

GG, Cryptic.
Meh. Downtime's have been annoying, but tolerable imo. The bonus item/head start issue is more annoying because, literally, at least one effing person at Cryptic should have seen that problem at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryusoma View Post

GG, Cryptic.
I don't know, I got a pretty good headstart this weekend. I'm very close to Commander.

I can tolerate server downtime only because it's difficult to shake down performance issues but then again, that is what OB was supposed to accomplish.

The queue on the orher hand is something we shouldn't be expected to tolerate expecially considering the single server approach.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I don't know, I got a pretty good headstart this weekend. I'm very close to Commander.

I can tolerate server downtime only because it's difficult to shake down performance issues but then again, that is what OB was supposed to accomplish.

The queue on the orher hand is something we shouldn't be expected to tolerate expecially considering the single server approach.
They'll work out the queue also. OB gave stress testing, but that's a fixed number of people. Headstart(and ultimately retail) has as many players as there are people who bought the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen a single queue all frickin day...smoke more crack please.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I think the OP is over exaggerating a tad. I made LC1 in headstart, and I'm happy with that.