Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I couldn't think of where to put this.

Basically, the first new fleet bank tab is over 1.2 million energy credits? It'll take twelve people making 100k credits and putting those in to the fleet bank. This is ludicrously high. I know you want money sinks, Cryptic, but thats ridiculous.

I can understand maybe the fourth or fifth tab being so high. But the first?!

Reduce the prices please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
I disagree. Inflation was very apparent in beta, and even with the unofficial ways some people were bringing energy credits into the market I feel it may be a serious problem. The game needs all the gold sinks it can find.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
I disagree. Inflation was very apparent in beta, and even with the unofficial ways some people were bringing energy credits into the market I feel it may be a serious problem. The game needs all the gold sinks it can find.
gold sinks do nothing to help these fake economies...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with gold sinks, but only if they are progressive.

I would like to see the first extra tab's cost be in the 10,000 - 100,000 range. And each successive tab progressively more expensive.

Last tab costing in the million range is fine to me, but not the first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
gold sinks do nothing to help these fake economies...
Gold sinks are exactly what are required to help a fake economy. You have to take money out of the economy at a rate proportional to the speed at which gold is brought into the economy. Gold sinks of this nature aren't a perfect answer, but they help. A better solution would be a sustainable gold sink (something you pay more than once) but a game still needs all the gold sinks they can get.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
If the economy is out of balance so people can sell credits like I've seen too many spammers do, then that is the problem that needs to be attended to. It has nothing to do with that the price for the fleet bank tabs are ridiculous.





█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT...-.... FLEET
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ TMT..--.. FLEET
Tactical Captain.▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT-... FLEET
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior.▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT.-- FLEET
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
If the economy is out of balance so people can sell credits like I've seen too many spammers do, then that is the problem that needs to be attended to. It has nothing to do with that the price for the fleet bank tabs are ridiculous.
In fact it'll only encourage the kind of player response as that'll be the only reasonable way to buy bank tabs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Add 4th Fleet to the list of consumers that want the cost of fleet tabs DOWN! 1.2 million for the first tab is ridiculous. I can only imagine how much the next ones will be. Pooling money together we have about 600K right now and are almost ready for the tab. But I'm holding back to see if this is fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
I disagree. Inflation was very apparent in beta, and even with the unofficial ways some people were bringing energy credits into the market I feel it may be a serious problem. The game needs all the gold sinks it can find.
Gold Sinks are ok but the first tab should be next to nothing for 2 reasons:

1- There isn't enough freaking slots
2- We just freaking started and we need those slots to provide items for members of our FLEET

While I am at it....FIX THE CONTROLS!!!!! I should be able to give each rank permissions for deposit/withdrawal of not just the credits BUT THE ITEMS also! What kind of idiotic interface would not allow that?

GAH! Love the game but little things like this should never have happened. I know you are in direct competition with WOW but they are successful for a reason. Learn from it!

--Cap
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSFC View Post
Gold Sinks are ok but the first tab should be next to nothing for 2 reasons:

1- There isn't enough freaking slots
2- We just freaking started and we need those slots to provide items for members of our FLEET

While I am at it....FIX THE CONTROLS!!!!! I should be able to give each rank permissions for deposit/withdrawal of not just the credits BUT THE ITEMS also! What kind of idiotic interface would not allow that?

GAH! Love the game but little things like this should never have happened. I know you are in direct competition with WOW but they are successful for a reason. Learn from it!

--Cap
Being abusive won't get cryptic to listen.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.