Lt. Commander
Wow - I REALLY like this game, Cryptic, fixed a lot of problems during beta. Sticking to this single server philosophy is just incredibly ingenious. Now Everyone get's to play with everyone.

I know you will double or triple the number of computers involved. I'm not going to randomly guess that you may or may not lose half the subscriptions in a month because I'm having fun now. You have the major hit on your hands although a there will be a lot of people whining and crying even if you do make immediate improvement to the infrastructure.

We WANT to love this game... and we do!

On a personal note, if we really want to enjoy the game, we'll avoid the forums. It's like the Internet has given everyone a voice and they have chosen to use that voice to complain about STO. I am enjoying myself, however. Once all the spitting and stick swinging calms down, which my guess will be a few months, then STO will be one of the top MMO's in subscriptions by the end of the year. It still won't affect my enjoyment because I'm patient and have common sense. RL is WAY to stressful to worry about what Cryptic does to their own product. I'm just happy to be a part of it from the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree to everything above
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Video game forums have always, and all ways will be, the vocal minority.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
My character's name is Cray, aboard the USS Republic, and I approve this message.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Actually the smoothest launch I have seen was Warhammer online other than massive ques on some servers , so bad that we changed our server on headstart. Not like thats thier fault.

Mythic just killed thier game to to horrible patches and no idea of balance.

Sto had a ok launch....far from the worst I have seen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural_Disaster View Post
I agree to everything above
I've seen you in game. I remember seeing a player named Zeus! hahaha
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
I've seen you in game. I remember seeing a player named Zeus! hahaha
awesome. I better float around some more twiddlin me thumbs
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
This is by far the 2nd best launch behind the flawless launch of LOTRO and I been threw a few AO, WW2, Vanguard, ***, WoW, all of which were horrid and have game breaking issues.

Apart from a bit of of downtime which IMO has been minimal at best the game itself is not fundamentally broken like *** (and WoW still to this day you cant fire skills until your animations are finished) and just needs the odd tweak here and there to fix up or add more auction house search functions, and the getting player into the same instance who are teamed up. Other than that its been plain sailing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Worst launch ever? How many have you taken part of? Does no one remember that in wow opening your inventory crashed the client? How about dark and light? They stole thousands of dollars from people and shut down a month later because it turned out they stole the game engine from another company. Vanguard? 90% of the game was bugged and the part that wasn't wouldn't run. Star wars? Please.

Oh and...

The game doesn't launch until tuesday...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh and for those that missed it, I pretty much copied from the "prettty much the worst launch ever" thread and reworded it. Only the personal note was mine.