Lt. Commander
This forum is full of complaints, moans, frustration and anger towards cryptic and other forum posters (anger towards people that love the game (named as carebears or fanboi's) or anger towards those that hate the game) I know hate is a strong word, but that's how its perceived when there's pages and pages of anger.

So here's a chance for some positive feedback. Lets try and collect a few positive notes for Cryptic so they don't have to sit in misery at their computer listening to you guys pull their efforts apart. Developers are a sensitive bunch. They take pride in their work. (most of them). If you say the game is shiat, you're saying their work is shiat. Their months of work is shiat. Give em a break.

Balance the Karma.

I'm enjoying the game. It's been a while since I sat down for a few hours straight and forget what time it is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I have enjoyed it for what it was. Beta at first and then a pre-launch of the game. The down times didn't bother me that much since I can play for the rest of its life. This is a guilty pleasure game for me. I really don't play MMO's. Played everquest 2 a bit and warhammer during beta. Never played WOW. So far the best part for me was the guardian of forever scenario. I like the storyline.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Come now people. There can't be only two happy people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural_Disaster View Post
Come now people. There can't be only two happy people.
I suspect most of the satisfied people are busy playing, rather than reading the fora.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm certainly no expert on human nature, but in my experience it's far more common for human beings to express themselves when they're unhappy with something. So an abundance of complaints doesn't necessarily indicate a majority of the population consisting of disgruntled individuals.

Now, of course, it's not really an indicator of the opposite either. But, that said, while the atmosphere is slightly volatile it's not nearly as bad as I had expected from a Star Trek MMO (simply due to the presence of so many trekkies in one location - it's a wonder the universe does not fold in on itself). Who knows how many people are having a blast, enjoying the game as it is, and have no serious issues if they have no real reason to come to the forums and speak up about it?

Personally, I certainly am enjoying STO. Sure it's got some quirks and hickups, and a few quality-of-life issues that should probably be looked at eventually, but we havent' even reached launch day yet. They'll sort things out soon enough. And looking to the future, with regular updates and addons, just imagine what a brilliant gem of a game this could become a few years down the road.

Oh my gosh, I think I'm turning trekkie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm actually quite pleased with the game play and story writing. The linear story complaint is really no different than the only other MMO that I play, being CoX. Most of my issues with the game have been based on the learning cuve, mostly in dealing with camera work and flying during combat.

I don't think I'll be paying the monthly subscription after my inital 30 days. Partly wanting to give Cryptic time to work the bugs, and partly economics.

Definite potential, I hope it comes along.

Twipper
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
I'm certainly no expert on human nature, but in my experience it's far more common for human beings to express themselves when they're unhappy with something. So an abundance of complaints doesn't necessarily indicate a majority of the population consisting of disgruntled individuals.

Now, of course, it's not really an indicator of the opposite either. But, that said, while the atmosphere is slightly volatile it's not nearly as bad as I had expected from a Star Trek MMO (simply due to the presence of so many trekkies in one location - it's a wonder the universe does not fold in on itself). Who knows how many people are having a blast, enjoying the game as it is, and have no serious issues if they have no real reason to come to the forums and speak up about it?

Personally, I certainly am enjoying STO. Sure it's got some quirks and hickups, and a few quality-of-life issues that should probably be looked at eventually, but we havent' even reached launch day yet. They'll sort things out soon enough. And looking to the future, with regular updates and addons, just imagine what a brilliant gem of a game this could become a few years down the road.

Oh my gosh, I think I'm turning trekkie.
QFT, couldn't have said it better myself!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm having FUN and that's what it's all about for me. Exploring different plants and seeing the environments is a blast.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I am having fun with the game.

There, I posted.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks people.

Now is a good time to bump this thread since the server is down and the happy peeps that were playing the game may pass through the forum. Any other non haters? where you hippies at? Where are the beatles lovers?

Hey maybe Cryptic will look at thread and not sigh.