Lt. Commander
# 1 This Weekend's Down Time
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Whoa! You guys continue to blow away all our expectations. We had so many people playing Star Trek this weekend... It's incredible! Of course, whenever we break population records, we find more room for improvement, as well.

We had some issues this weekend that brought the servers down a couple times. This was due, in large part, to lots of people claiming items from the C-Store and an unrelated bug on the back-end. We've been working all weekend to sort these issues out and we should have some fixes rolled out later today.

We're continuing to work on server performance and stability, too. We're constantly squeezing more and more out of every little bit of processor power we have.

These fixes will go a long way in better preparing us for the inevitable rush tomorrow and this coming weekend. Thanks for bearing with us during this time.

I know this weekend was rough, but be sure that the team here at Cryptic is entirely focused on getting any issue we find resolved and fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience.

-Zn
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Ill Let You in on a secret but shhh dont tell anyone ok? Here goes........ you will need more servers and processing power lol..
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Got to say that this has been the most appalling start up of any MMO I've played.

First of all you charge us extra money for Items we can't use DURING the headstart this means that either we restart on Tuesday (so in efect we've gained nothing or we forget about the items we've already outleveled - fantastic marketing... Then the server is constantly down in UK prime time. Stability of the server has been far worse during "Headstart" than the beta. Come on do you take us for idiots saying that you weren't expecting so many people - everyone on the headtart either payed (or at least promised to pay) for the chance to do the headstart - how could you not know how many people have paid for the priviledge of NOT playing this game ?

Frankly i would have cancelled my order by now but the online merchants selling your keys don't allow cancellation of preorders - live and learn I guess ...

DinAlt
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinalt View Post
Got to say that this has been the most appalling start up of any MMO I've played.
I realize that many of you may not have experienced it - but WWII Online has the Golden Globe Award for worst MMO startup in history. Bar none. This is cake by comparison.

No MMO startup is ever easy or pain free. If any of you were expecting that - then you either haven't been involved in the MMO community very long, or you have extremely short - or non-existent - memories.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus06 View Post
I realize that many of you may not have experienced it - but WWII Online has the Golden Globe Award for worst MMO startup in history. Bar none. This is cake by comparison.

No MMO startup is ever easy or pain free. If any of you were expecting that - then you either haven't been involved in the MMO community very long, or you have extremely short - or non-existent - memories.
I like your funky spirit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus06 View Post

I agree totally with my esteemed colleague
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
I followed this game from anouncment BUT I for one am NOT getting this game. The server has been down more than its been up and with the 15 dollar a month subscription fee it is NOT worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cairdathyl View Post
I followed this game from anouncment BUT I for one am NOT getting this game. The server has been down more than its been up and with the 15 dollar a month subscription fee it is NOT worth it.
LOL I guess you have NEVER played a MMO at launch day...oh an by the way. The servers has been online without a single crash for almost 4 days. They will take down the servers for 2 hours later on today to aply a patch, but that is what EVERY single MMO is doing at launch and sometimes even 6 years into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelander
Hey Ill Let You in on a secret but shhh dont tell anyone ok? Here goes........ you will need more servers and processing power lol..
You will get no arguements from me freelander.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelander
They won't, they'll just wait it out for the one month till all the people leave and it'll be fine.

Buying hardware now is a stupid business decision if it is redundant in 2 weeks.

Have Fun, 2 more weekends to go