Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 112
It seems a shame that the "space" battlezone within the sphere lacks the profitability (Mark wise and Dilithium wise) that ground has.

It would be lovely if, for those of us who prefer space combat to ground combat, the rewards for the "space" option were on par with the ground option.

Or perhaps I'm completely missing something about the "space" system about which someone can educate me that will show me that the "space" Dyson grind can be as fast as the ground grind for moving your reputation to Tier 5.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 2
01-06-2014, 03:17 AM
The "space" battlezone was ruined to suck when they took out the Daily Wrappers that allowed you to actually get paid for capping towers and generally just blowing stuff up. There is very little reason to be there now.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 106
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 884
# 4
01-06-2014, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsilhouette View Post
Or perhaps I'm completely missing something about the "space" system about which someone can educate me that will show me that the "space" Dyson grind can be as fast as the ground grind for moving your reputation to Tier 5.
Joint command mission in a cloaked ship, ignore the spawns = easy commendation. But since you probably need marks, implants and dilithium anyway, you might as well just do the ground battlezone and get the commendation on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The "space" battlezone was ruined to suck when they took out the Daily Wrappers that allowed you to actually get paid for capping towers and generally just blowing stuff up. There is very little reason to be there now.
Agreed. There's accolades for those who collect them and nothing else.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,471
# 5
01-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Don't worry, the ground battlezone will soon be changed to have rewards on par with the space adventure zone. Cryptic has made it very clear that players earning rewards is something they can't allow.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,587
# 6
01-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Don't worry, the ground battlezone will soon be changed to have rewards on par with the space adventure zone. Cryptic has made it very clear that players earning rewards is something they can't allow.
Indeed. Can't have folks actually getting rewarded in a timely manner.

Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 7
01-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Personally, I think the ground zone rewards more on purpose (encourage more ground players (something that was lacking as most preferred to stick to space maps)). Second to show an increase in ground plays to justify the cost of the tech needed to implement the TC in the zone.

The space TC is meh, but ground is pretty sweet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,221
# 8
01-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Personally, I think the ground zone rewards more on purpose (encourage more ground players (something that was lacking as most preferred to stick to space maps)). Second to show an increase in ground plays to justify the cost of the tech needed to implement the TC in the zone.

The space TC is meh, but ground is pretty sweet.
It does. The devs know that if the BZ rewards as poorly as the space zones, it will be utterly dead, with too few players to even kill one V-Rex most of the time. Giving BZ large rewards is the only way to keep its zones populated and active.

Look at New Romulus. Most people go there once. Some keep going back just for Epohh tagging. A very small number replay any of the rest of it, and it would be impossible for them to do if it required any level of cooperation or teamwork.

A lot of Battlezone objectives can be secured solo by a good player, due to the way it scales, but one person can't do everything.

But I'm starting to ramble on. The point is, enough people are ninnies about ground combat to keep the space zone populated regardless of how much or how little it rewards. The same isn't true of the ground zone and they know it. So while they may make modifications to address complaints of afkers and leechers- I don't expect a BZ nerf that will affect real players.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.