Lt. Commander
# 1 Amazon Shipping..
02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
I just received an email from Amazon that my game shipped ----- but won't arrive until the 10th. This will cause me to miss the Grace Period with my retail key.

Now, I understand if Cryptic won't let me keep playing (I was a cheap bast'd and opted for cheaper shipping ) because of that, but I was wondering if there is some possibility of workaround. I vaguely remember seeing someone say something somewhere. I don't know if this is the best place to put this but I didn't see anywhere else to ask (there is no "account support" or "general support" in the support section :/ ).

If there's some way to get around this (I've been billed for the game, I've got the account statement here, I'm ready to start giving Cryptic money as of the end of the first 30 day period that comes with the box set. Let's do this! ) I would be happy to jump through whatever hoops are necessary, just need to know what they are so I can do so.

Feel free to lock this thread after answering unless you feel leaving it open will be of major value for those who still have it, thanks in advance if there's anything Cryptic can do for me. If there's not, as I said, I completely understand -- you are running a business after all and it was my option to go with the free shipping, but if there is then thanks, again, in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
they have said that if you are going to run over the grace to contact support.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineria
they have said that if you are going to run over the grace to contact support.
Well that answers that then. Did they say anything about what information they would need in the ticket (I'm assuming to billing)?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Cheap delivery?

Is it going by horse and cart or something to get there that late?

The release date for the UK is the 5th and I've got super saver delivery which should get it delievered anytime from the 8th to the 11th.

Thankfully, I can go for a few days without STO :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless2001 View Post
Cheap delivery?

Is it going by horse and cart or something to get there that late?

United States Postal Service. XD I think it's being walked over or something.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdasmodeous View Post
Well that answers that then. Did they say anything about what information they would need in the ticket (I'm assuming to billing)?
i would contact billing, as for info i would ask them what they need you to provide. the basic i have order from x will get it on Y and that leaves me boned for Z days. they will likely ask for whatever they need after that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I actually had to log into my Amazon account a few weeks ago and change my "Shipping" option to Release-Day Delivery. It was set for the standard 5-day delivery and said it would get here by the 10th. I changed it a few weeks ago to the Release-Day Delivery and now it is on its way to my house as I write this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks, Mineria. That is pleasing news to hear. I will go do so now!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 07:56 AM
np!

(i have to write this to post that...)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:58 AM
I splurged the extra $10 to have mine over-nighted. Shipped yesterday, and is already out for delivery.