Lt. Commander
# 1 Admirals... already?
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
So we are still an hour before "launch"...

I did a search by clicking O, then SEARCH, then dropped down the RANK box for Rear Admirals. There were 8.

Really, are you telling me that this game is so easy that people can max out their rank in a weekend?

Yikes.

Sorry to sound like whining. My only complain is that there is far too much lag/rubber banding in stations. I can't run around DS9 without running into every wall. And no, I am not drunk!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftus27 View Post
So we are still an hour before "launch"...

I did a search by clicking O, then SEARCH, then dropped down the RANK box for Rear Admirals. There were 8.

Really, are you telling me that this game is so easy that people can max out their rank in a weekend?

Yikes.

Sorry to sound like whining. My only complain is that there is far too much lag/rubber banding in stations. I can't run around DS9 without running into every wall. And no, I am not drunk!
People still have the option to cancel their pre orders, so I assume these people wanted to rush to the end of the game before never getting to play it again, just so they can say they did.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:31 AM
or several peep play one account.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I understand how it can be done. But if you simply measure the hours they could have played despite all of the downtimes, they were able to effectively cap their level in just a couple of days. That is a bad sign for content as we will all become Admirals (what's next, a 2 pip admiral?).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
I understand how it can be done. But if you simply measure the hours they could have played despite all of the downtimes, they were able to effectively cap their level in just a couple of days. That is a bad sign for content as we will all become Admirals (what's next, a 2 pip admiral?).
I understand where you are coming from. I too believe we are leveling a little too quickly.
But then again, I don't care who gets to admiral before me. The end game will be there when I get to it, whenever that may be.

So I'm on the fence about the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Emperor of the Known Universe. I got dibbies on Arrakis!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm Currently lvl34 or captain grade 4, I have played maybe12 hours at most on the each sat and Sunday, 8 hours Monday and none today. (still at work). Zero exploits,I've done every quest given and never repeated the secure sector quests. You can hit admiral in 40 hours game play or less if you arnt retarded and decide to kill every Klingon and romulan on the map. Do the minimum kills to get the mission done. I assure you I have "experianced" more "content" in this game than 99% of you. Oh, no pvp yet either.

Also sorry for any typos or general bad format. I'm typing this off a phone during my break.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I made my character on day 0 of headstart but didn't actually get to play at all until last night....

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I would imagine there are a few admirals out there. Some people push for the level cap as hard as they can(take days off of work, crap in a bedpan at the computer, etc). The devs said somewhere that level cap could be acheived in 80 hours of solid leveling time, and I don't think there have been 80 hours of server time in the last 3 days.

My guess would be these guys found an exploit and are hitting it hard before it is fixed. It happens with every MMO launch. Typically, a reference to fixed exploits comes out in a week or two and we never hear from the level capped people again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
These could also be devs, or test characters, or even "demonstration models" (STO let's VIP's or other interested parties play around with a high level toon for PR purposes). There are a lot of innocuous explanations.

Or it could grinders (or teams of grinders) who played nonstop through the headstart. I'm still not sure, with the downtime, that it would have even be mathematically possible to legitimately grind to Rear Admiral.

Which is the last possiblity - some people found an exploit and...exlpoited it (this is actually very probable).

*shrug*