Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I only play of the klingonsite and i only do groundpvp.

But there is one problem in groudpvp.

Science or takticplayer can stasis/frezze/held outher player and after a sniper shoot they have an 100 % oneshootkill. Really 100 %.

Engineerofficiers have no one of this skills.

When all use oneshootkills, that isnt a good pvp. A player ingamre who called roy boast he was attacked by 5 klingons and killed 2 before he goes done and the have right. So it was and that isnt a good balance.
roy is one of a few player who use 100 % always oneshootkills. he held me and next i am with one shoot dead. I post the name for the devs. They can look in the logs and see i say the right thing.

Sorry but pvp must more then oneshootkills. Must we all chance the class now to do oneshootkills to win in pvp ?

For what we need turrets or outher kits, when held and a sniper kills oneshoot ?

I play very much ground pvp, but i never have seen an klingon who can the same. Is there a bug ? One thing it is surely. Oneshootkills are bu..hit.

So do something pls. And pls fast. Release is today.

This is not whining. I hope the devs write this and make a little more balance for the fun for us all.

Edit : Ok, the problem ist not the expose and then snipershot will be 100 % oneshootkill.

The problem is a few player can make 100 % expose. And no. Not the science class. A tacticer can that do too, but how ?

Edit 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbH0UuF5tCY

Roy and i am testing his exposerate

We have a lot of dismiss, but we have two good shows how often expose can come.

Thx roy for the test. Let us hope the devs will balance the expose a little.

The complete test gives out : 28 shoot. 18 Dismiss. 10 Expose = Exposerate 35,7 %

When you have more people with so high exposerate in the same group u have a lot of oneshootkills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:34 AM
All I'll say is learn how to play the game , look on vendors , read discription , experiment . That's the only way you'll learn what works best for you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Like with every PVP game in the world, devs just cant restrain themselves from adding overpowered CC. No PVP game ever just lets too people slug it out in a cage, its always all about stunning, locking, holding, freezing and all other forms of grade-A bullcrap rather than a straight up blood fight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat
I only play of the klingonsite and i only do groundpvp.

But there is one problem in groudpvp.

Science or takticplayer can stasis/frezze/held outher player and after a sniper shoot they have an 100 % oneshootkill. Really 100 %.

Engineerofficiers have no one of this skills.

When all use oneshootkills, that isnt a good pvp. A player ingamre who called roy boast he was attacked by 5 klingons and killed 2 before he goes done and the have right. So it was and that isnt a good balance.
roy is one of a few player who use 100 % always oneshootkills. he held me and next i am with one shoot dead. I post the name for the devs. They can look in the logs and see i say the right thing.

Sorry but pvp must more then oneshootkills. Must we all chance the class now to do oneshootkills to win in pvp ?

For what we need turrets or outher kits, when held and a sniper kills oneshoot ?

I play very much ground pvp, but i never have seen an klingon who can the same. Is there a bug ? One thing it is surely. Oneshootkills are bu..hit.

So do something pls. And pls fast. Release is today.

This is not whining. I hope the devs write this and make a little more balance for the fun for us all.
I'm guessing english isn't your first language, had a hard time following alot of that.

Yes, Sci officers have abilities that do that, but everyone can do it. You can carry two weapons. Carry one that performs an Expose attack (they will get rotating red reticle on them) and then change weapons and shoot them with your exploit ability. Instant one shot kill.

This is not something unique to Sci officers, they just get some abilities via kits that help facilitate it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
The OP is talking about "expose".

As far as I know, there is nothing in the game that causes a 100% chance of expose. "Expose" attacks are a 10% chance.

HOWEVER,

What I've noticed is that it seems like any expose has a chance of causing a Hold for the entire duration of the expose, regardless of the source of the expose. As in I shoot you with the dual pistols, which do not cause Holds, and I get an expose on you -- there's a high chance that you will find yourself held and unable to move while exposed.

It's a problem I listed in my signature thread. I also submitted a bug report about it. I think it's a serious problem that needs to be fixed. Although a hold may cause an expose, an expose should never cause a hold!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Thats wrong. The player roy ( dont know the @... ) brings me ( and all outher player ) 100 % always in held and then 100 % he have an oneshootkill on me. Nothing with 10 % chance. 100 % chance. So it must be an exploit.

roy use invisible too. so he must be an tactical. But what skill or weapon he use ?

That isnt an joke from me. I dont know what skill or weapon he usw, but he really can make that 100 % all times.

Yes english isnt my mainlanuage. Sorry when its not so good but the devs dont write the german forum.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Are you getting an Expose?

It shows up as a big red spinning circle on your character.

You'll have to try and find out the name of the power he's using though, so we can report it as a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes there stands held and its a red circle around me.

I dunno what skill he use. He is not alone with that tactic. A lot of federationplayer use that.

Edit : I have write an GM Mail now. When 100 % oneshootkil is an exploit so i hope the gms do fast something.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Lol, I don't ground pvp anymore... the tactic is to stasis or either stun with a stun phaser and run up and run circles around the opponent gun butting them until you get an expose then switch to sniper shot and take them out...

Last game I played this guy and I kept doing that back and forth to each other... it was 50/50 and whoever won was based solely on whoever hit the other with the stun phaser first and ensued the gun butt/expose/sniper shot kill....

It took skill to do, but got pretty old when that was one of the only to do's to win in ground pvp... boring, not thought out, repetitive...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat

?[/b]
Works that way in real life too.