Lt. Commander
# 1 Activating Guest Passes
02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
So my friend just picked up his collector's edition and gave me one of the 10-day guest passes. It says on the guest pass to direct your friends to "http://www.startrekonline.com/guestpass" This webpage does not exist... I got the comic. So I tried entering the guest pass key into the standard "Activate Key" and it says "This key does not activate any known products."

Should I be going to a DIFFERENT place to activate my guest pass or am I just having the same problem as all the people with retail keys??

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
The activate key page does work. The account servers are being hammered atm, just be patient and wait for the keys to trickle through the servers,
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemanski
So my friend just picked up his collector's edition and gave me one of the 10-day guest passes. It says on the guest pass to direct your friends to "http://www.startrekonline.com/guestpass" This webpage does not exist... I got the comic. So I tried entering the guest pass key into the standard "Activate Key" and it says "This key does not activate any known products."

Should I be going to a DIFFERENT place to activate my guest pass or am I just having the same problem as all the people with retail keys??

Thanks!
It's not just you mate. I'm having the same issues with it. "This key does not activate any known products." gets bounced back at me right away.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemanski

Thanks!
I'm having the same issue. It tells me that the page can not be found. I'm not sure how the relates to the website being hammered according to the second post in this thread, but that's probably just my own ignorance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
It also looks like most of the issues are with the retail keys. No ones mentioning the guest pass keys.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junibbles
It also looks like most of the issues are with the retail keys. No ones mentioning the guest pass keys.
Didn't have a problem registering my retail key but tried all 3 of my guest pases to let someone try the game all came back with "This key does not activate any known products." Been on hold for 50 minutes to Cryptic's BAccount and Billing Support, about to hang up