Captain
Honestly, the title says it all. I had to restart a rather long mission segment earlier today because I got stuck behind a wall and /stuck wasn't working and /killme DOESN'T ACTUALLY KILL ME! I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Why even call it "/kill me" if it doesn't kill me. From what I can tell it's actually an overly complex "abort mission" command. It's stupid. /killme should actually kill my character and send me back to the respawn point. I shouldn't have to restart a mission all over just to get out of a stupid wall.
Captain
# 2
01-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirohellfire View Post
Honestly, the title says it all. I had to restart a rather long mission segment earlier today because I got stuck behind a wall and /stuck wasn't working and /killme DOESN'T ACTUALLY KILL ME! I mean, WHAT THE HELL? Why even call it "/kill me" if it doesn't kill me. From what I can tell it's actually an overly complex "abort mission" command. It's stupid. /killme should actually kill my character and send me back to the respawn point. I shouldn't have to restart a mission all over just to get out of a stupid wall.
It used to work, but they removed it completely, because some oppurtunustic D-bags found a way to beam in extra Boffs using it.

So instead of fuxing the bug, they just removed the commnad altogether.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 3
01-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
It used to work, but they removed it completely, because some oppurtunustic D-bags found a way to beam in extra Boffs using it.

Well that makes what happened to me today even more infuriating. Because the devs were to lazy to fix an exploit, I was forced to do something over? That's just swell.
Captain
# 4
01-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirohellfire View Post
Well that makes what happened to me today even more infuriating. Because the devs were to lazy to fix an exploit, I was forced to do something over? That's just swell.
I prefer to blame the exploitive, and oppurtunistic D-bag players.

Moslty because there may be no clear line between whats happening and how to close the door on the exploit. So they could theoretically be trying to find and fix (mind you thats just a theory) and having removed it until then.

But still D*****ads always ruin things for everyone else.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Did you try "/stuck"?
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-15-2014, 07:49 AM
they need to have a /death command that just makes the captain die.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 7
01-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codewarrior316 View Post
Did you try "/stuck"?
Did you not read the part of my post that clearly stated /stuck wasn't working?
Captain
# 8
01-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post

I think the exploit was worse than that. I'm not 100% certain since I wasn't around when it worked, but farmers could theoretically use the kill command for the pvp dailies thereby completing a match without having to move from spawn point. That's a lot of dil lost.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 9
01-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I think the exploit was worse than that. I'm not 100% certain since I wasn't around when it worked, but farmers could theoretically use the kill command for the pvp dailies thereby completing a match without having to move from spawn point. That's a lot of dil lost.
Well it is always and often worse than that. Especially in games and movies , but i was trying to be nice(sort of) without pointing out all the exploits, some of whch i didnt know because i dont make an effort to find things like that and if it happens i just assume it was a one time freak accident and go about my business.
Captain
# 10
01-21-2014, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
This would never have worked, because if you kill yourself, you "was killed", and no score is granted for the death.

No, the actual result was that, apparently, people were using it to explode themselves for laughs in orbit. Other people, hating fun even more than I do, demanded that this be halted.