Lt. Commander
Near London? Like cosplay? We're working with the folks at Guinness to try to break a world record. Read on to learn more.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I live just outside London myself but I'm sorry to say I won't be dressing up

Still might be interesting to watch from a safe distance :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Sounds awesome. Have fun over there, all ye' EuroTrekkers! Enjoy the fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM
If I was anywhere near the place it might be the one time I wear one of those outfits...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Good grief no.

Dragging myself to a slum like London from one of the safest cities in the UK, dressed in a Starfleet Uniform no less? I'll be stabbed and robbed before I make it to the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 04:34 PM
OK., if you come here
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
Good grief no.

Dragging myself to a slum like London from one of the safest cities in the UK, dressed in a Starfleet Uniform no less? I'll be stabbed and robbed before I make it to the bridge.
London is a slum? Unsafe? I would have thought it to be one of the crown jewels. What can i say, the liberal drive-by-media here in the United States always shines a favorable light on England. So anyone who goes have fun and stay safe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Good grief no.

Thought you guys would jump to get of of old run down Sheffield.

I would go but there's not a chance I would dress up, maybe watch from a distance.

Good luck with the record if you get the people guys
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Good grief no.

I LOL'D because I couldn't agree more.

I'd have to put up with public transport from Manchester to London which is more like a proverbial case of "Out of the frying pan into the fire"
So travel to Manchester and then to London in Trek outfit.. hmm I think I'd rather take up Razorblade swallowing
at least then if I did survive, I'd have a cool party trick.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Not to be nitpicky but would have been great if it hadn't been the 14th of February. Considering it's Valentines day & Chinese New Year that day most people are not likely to be available. Why not do it at London Expo in May or something? There's more chance of actually succeeding then than with less than 2 weeks notice on a usualy very busy day for 2 different types this year, the romantic kind & the Chinese kind. Unfortunately I belong in both categories making it a very busy day. I would have loved to join this but no chance, have plans that have been booked months in advance as I am sure it is the case for many others.