Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
A guild member showed me his today and my eyes popped out at how overpowered the thing is.

Passive buff: +25 to all ships power levels
Active buff: +25 to all shows power levels for x seconds (with a crazy cooldown like 15 minutes)

This clearly shines as the best pratical preorder bonus item by far. While I'm only slightly jealous, I'm more concerned at how much of an edge this thing will give you in pvp. If they happen to be a borg captain, and have a borg bridge officer that's another +10 to power levels at all times.

So a player could be pvping with....

135 weapons
85 shields
55 engines
55 aux

At all times... passively requiring no cool downs and not adding additional buffs from trained skills. My constructive suggestion to balance the RMC would be to lower the passive bonus to +10, lower the active bonus cooldown to 1 minute and 30 seconds so you can use it more often.

What say you?

-edit- Since people continue to think I want the red matter capacitor balanced around how it's currently working and not the bugged stats that show up when you look at it in chat, those of you are incorrect. I was deceived along with many others. "As is" with just a single +25 buff on its long cooldown and taking up a device slot, I'm inclined to say it's a bit underpowered for a blue item and could use either the cooldown slightly reduced or the duration it buffs your ship bumped up. For those of you who got the point and helped expose the fact linking items in chat is bugged at the moment, thank you for posting constructively. Shame on Cryptic for letting the game get released in such an unfinished state.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
I think they should let it ride for the time being. It has not been adequately tested at it's current settings for anyone to gauge the potential of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-Prime
I think they should let it ride for the time being. It has not been adequately tested at it's current settings for anyone to gauge the potential of it.
That's a valid point. I'm just trying to nip pvp rage in the bud now because if I had one of those things I guarantee I would alpha strike people down into confetti leaving them going "WTF 1 Shotted?"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:35 PM
These +25 aren't passive.

It's only active and on 10min. CD. I know because I claimed mine and trew it away. Piece of Crap.

Get your facts straight before ranting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
These +25 aren't passive.

It's only active and on 10min. CD. I know because I claimed mine and trew it away. Piece of Crap.

Get your facts straight before ranting.
First of all it's not a rant, so crawl back under your rock mr. internet tough guy. Second of all I saw the stats myself linked in chat. It said +25 and +25 with a cooldown. If those two things happen to be the same buff, then it's worded extremely poorly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
First of all it's not a rant, so crawl back under your rock mr. internet tough guy. Second of all I saw the stats myself linked in chat. It said +25 and +25 with a cooldown. If those two things happen to be the same buff, then it's worded extremely poorly.
Linking is known to be bugged btw. Sometimes when I link my weapons, it says that they also have shields or engine stats...

Could have been a link bug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
First of all it's not a rant, so crawl back under your rock mr. internet tough guy. Second of all I saw the stats myself linked in chat. It said +25 and +25 with a cooldown. If those two things happen to be the same buff, then it's worded extremely poorly.
Again just for you: No passive stats, only active.

If you've seen it with your own eyes, why haven't you really tested it? If you had, you'd know it's a faulty description.

Stow your whine and go play some more. Folks always come running here and complainin' before even testing and seeing anything in action....

............................................______ __
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 ummm
02-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
That's a valid point. I'm just trying to nip pvp rage in the bud now because if I had one of those things I guarantee I would alpha strike people down into confetti leaving them going "WTF 1 Shotted?"
so why punish those who don't Pee Vee Pee? what's your argument for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-Prime
I think they should let it ride for the time being. It has not been adequately tested at it's current settings for anyone to gauge the potential of it.
Would also say...let it be like it is for now. Atleast the 15 minutes cooldown is long enough and make it impractical for pvp. What fight would go past 15 mintues to be able to use it again. Maybe there are far better items in the end where this thing wouldn't be used any more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Wow nerf cries already. Sad....

Now if in fact a player received a +25% across the board and it was pretty much a permanent thing, I would be inclined to agree it would OP but that is in fact not the case. Moreover we dont know what other items are in the game at this point due to the near total lack of information. It may very well that it is on scale with ultra rare drops as things stand now.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.