Ensign
Why did the Romulans get screwed out of getting a bridge pack and a ship for the anniversary?
Career Officer
# 2
01-29-2014, 11:02 AM
In case of the bridge pack that should be obvious: they have none.
Also, the Romulans are less than a year old, what Cryptic is giving out for free is from F2P launch in 2012 or older.
Commander
# 3
01-30-2014, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
In case of the bridge pack that should be obvious: they have none.
Yeah. We'd need to have more stuff before they could consider giving any of it away

Though seriously the ships in these giveaways always seem to be lower tier vessels. So there's almost no chance I'd ever actually fly any of them. It's effectively just the consoles we get and most of them I wouldn't bother using either, even though as a Romulan I could.

So I don't really think we are missing out.

That said I don't think it would hurt if eg. they're giving away costume unlocks and include something Romulan in that just as a nod to us greenbloods.
Commander
# 4
01-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
Yeah. We'd need to have more stuff before they could consider giving any of it away

Though seriously the ships in these giveaways always seem to be lower tier vessels. So there's almost no chance I'd ever actually fly any of them. It's effectively just the consoles we get and most of them I wouldn't bother using either, even though as a Romulan I could.

So I don't really think we are missing out.

That said I don't think it would hurt if eg. they're giving away costume unlocks and include something Romulan in that just as a nod to us greenbloods.
How many costumes we actually got though? The TNG and TOS one? That's half the costumes if the give away one! Funny enough to think of it the KDF has only one. Fashion is really hard to come by without those pesky humans xD.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2014, 04:57 AM
Got the free Horta which is pretty awesome imo.
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-30-2014, 05:13 AM
Gessatra has the Horta, has access to the bridge pack for any KDF ships she has (and she had two before yesterday), and now has a third KDF ship. Looks to me like Romulans got stuff.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Commander
# 7
01-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon527 View Post
How many costumes we actually got though? The TNG and TOS one? That's half the costumes if the give away one! Funny enough to think of it the KDF has only one. Fashion is really hard to come by without those pesky humans xD.
Ok, but if they give away some Fed and KDF costumes and not any Romulan ones then the OP becomes right and Romulans would be missing missing out. That would be unfair.

We might have gotten a costume piece during the last giveaway. The chainmail shirt?
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Well pretty much romulans as a whole are new to the game. Usually with that being said most products they make are not given away or go on sale within a year of being released. Plus that and the fact that the canon issue is a hot one in *some* regards the limitation on free reign art to try to keep it looking as Star Trek as possible comes to mind.
Lieutenant
# 9
01-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnoukh View Post
I always thought that was the entire point of C-Store ships. You'll never use the ship...just the console.

I'm just glad that I got something out of it (bridge packs). Every time they give away a costume, I feel cheated. I bought all the costumes long ago.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Roms are due for a major nerf. They completely unbalance the game Well, moreso than it is.
Closed Thread