Lt. Commander

I was trading with a ferengi trader out in space and saw some "yummy" weapons that I wanted, and bought

BUT! what I didnt notice was that the weapons where Admiral Class....

everything was green and nice in the trade window... nothing told me that I cant use it as a Luitennant.

this way I wasted 7000 energy before I noticed when I tryed to equipp it...

and even when I tryed to equip it there was no error message tellling me what I was doing wrong.

real nice of you not to put the ADMIRAL in bold or atleast RED when I cant use it....
or the entire item box. SOMETHING other than a few small discrete letters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:01 AM
lol you can buy whatever you want. Can only use what your qualifications allow. You're mad at THEM because you didn't read something?

heh
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitox View Post
lol you can buy whatever you want. Can only use what your qualifications allow. You're mad at THEM because you didn't read something?

heh
Arguably, it's a design issue, especially since the higher level stuff can be quite expensive. Whilst the item tooltip does display the required rank, I think there could be better feedback from the UI when you are inspecting an item that you do not meet the requirements for.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Read My Entire Post
02-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitox View Post

heh

READ MY ENTIRE POST!!!
I did read... but the information is not BIG enough....
all abilitys are Bright BOLD Green... but level requirement is in smal grey text that you can hardly see
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSN
READ MY ENTIRE POST!!!
I did read... but the information is not BIG enough....
all abilitys are Bright BOLD Green... but level requirement is in smal grey text that you can hardly see
So there is something on there, I've always missed it too. But them my Chars 'Bust Size' slider is all the way to the right ;-).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 01:23 AM
lol i DID read your entire post.

Still comes down to YOU DIDN'T READ something.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I made this mistake in OB.

Nowhere did I see the level requirement on the tool tip. I've not even seen a table where the level of and item maps to a rank.

This is the sort of information you have to spend your life reading the forum to know.