05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srspells View Post

I prefer
Arenas but ill do C+H

-Spells
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
I prefer arenas, cap and holds are just fun trying to tank everyone on starbase point.

For you guys that prefer Arenas (me too), would you mind answering why you prefer arenas vs. a mode like C&H?

Career Officer
# 13
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
I PvP because there is no better yard stick to measure yourself against than a live opponent. The competition, strategies, teamwork, excitement of it all once you have reached endgame is second to none.

I like arenas and cap n holds. I wish there were more content like starbase defense or a match where you were forced to do space and ground. More like the shows and movies. But as it stands now I only focus on space bc that's what I love and I can chose to stay strictly in space pvp. I wouldn't be opposed to doing ground if it were part of a larger battle sequence and then it would give me another aspect of the game to play.

Last edited by edalgo; 05-17-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Ensign
# 14
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I, for one, prefer arenas because of the constant action and fast pace they provide. On c&h there are too many downtimes between fights, it looks more like a hide and seek game or a running in circles type of game to me.
Captain
# 15
05-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
For you guys that prefer Arenas (me too), would you mind answering why you prefer arenas vs. a mode like C&H?
Because battle is more fun than flying around a map sitting at certain points for extended periods of time and twiddling your thumbs, especially when half the people on your team could care less about capturing the points, which means the games drag out 2, 3 and 4 times longer than they should.
----
@DevolvedOne
Career Officer
# 16
05-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't PVP. I'm getting old and I can't compete with all of you youngsters. I'm content to play the episodes and an occasional PVE but I will leave the PVP to the good players.
Rihannsu
# 17
05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
For me arenas seem more action, and less spam, the games easy enough to win but area has more skill.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Lieutenant
# 18
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Cap & Hold strategy generally is do the opposite of what the other guy does. I typically spread out and try to take individual points, if the other guy is doing the same I try to get the team to wolfpack and pick them off and take points. If the other team is wolfpacking I try to get us to spread out and try to hold out as long as possible. As a wells healer and a former engi oddy healer I usually take center point and try to bait the other team to bring all their guns to bear to take center point and stave them off as long as possible.

Other than that what disappoints me about C&H is it seems like alot of people don't care about winning, they just use C&H as a kiddie pool arena. They wolfpack and don't care that they are losing points, all that matters is they are destroying the lone guys trying to hold points and seeing 45 kills at the end of a match.

Arenas offer a balanced pvp experience. And to be honest, it's the closest thing I'll ever see to an EvE Alliance Tournament. Without secondary objectives, the strategy focuses solely on how well your team is built and how well you execute your team strategy to defeat the other side. There is a whole world of building ships and layouts and skills to synergize with 4 other players and the rewards for finding a good team build are more than worth it for me. Plus, Arenas really test my ability to heal. I only get to heal once in a blue moon on C&H if a guy passing by is hurt and in range, otherwise I'm just heal-tanking.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Career Officer
# 19
05-17-2013, 10:33 AM
For me its all about perfection, details, in builds and playstyle. Each toon with different strategy. Also experimenting.

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
Captain
# 20
05-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Seems the new/actual question is, what kind of objective-based, timed-combat is preferred. My favorite of those is the Sabotage style from COD, where you grab a bomb from the middle of the map, take it to the other teams base, and then defend the bomb during a countdown operation. This gameplay requires different skill sets to win consistently, specifically you need a character who can run fast and long (SMG with sprinting perks), a DPS support group who can clear a path, and base defenders who use HMGs and mines. Second favorite type was the more traditional "Capture the Flag," run to the enemy base then run back to your own, although it tended to support more solo-play since it was more opportunistic and less strategic.