Lieutenant
# 261
05-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Recently, out of the blue, I get a black screen after launching the game. The only thing I can think to blame was maybe a recent patch or something...nothing has changed on my end. I've tried reinstalling the game to no avail. Is anyone else having a similar problem/know how to fix it?

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Ensign
# 262
05-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
You can resolve that by doing this.
That did it! Thanks!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 263 LoR => what to expect?
05-15-2013, 12:38 PM
hi

i just wanted to ask, if there is going to be an update on the wrapper for LoR? because i read here on the forum, that there already had been some "keyboard" and "mouse" trouble. no, im not a pessimist, im just asking if there is smth to be expected or just do what you always do, update/patch and play. maybe smby has some insight in that (i have no programing knowledge, so im just curious). thanks
Lieutenant
# 264
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM
You would think a majority of Star Trek Fans have a Mac or two... Cryptic really should make a native version for OSX!
Career Officer
# 265
05-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
hi

i just wanted to ask, if there is going to be an update on the wrapper for LoR? because i read here on the forum, that there already had been some "keyboard" and "mouse" trouble. no, im not a pessimist, im just asking if there is smth to be expected or just do what you always do, update/patch and play. maybe smby has some insight in that (i have no programing knowledge, so im just curious). thanks
I'll try to... I have some Wineskin issues to work on this weekend, and I'll try testing things with STO and maybe getting an updated wrapper out that works better. Anything Minor needed for updates or expansions shouldn't be an issue unless their changes cause MAJOR issues, then it could take a long time. I don't have tons of time to devote to this :-)
Ensign
# 266
05-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Just wondering if this could allow for use of a joystick in this and other games. If asked already, sorry, even google is not revealing the answers to me for some reason lol.
Career Officer
# 267
05-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteryhistory1 View Post
Just wondering if this could allow for use of a joystick in this and other games. If asked already, sorry, even google is not revealing the answers to me for some reason lol.
Wine's support for Joysticks and Gamepads is very lacking in OS X... some games it works.. most it will not. As far as I know, its not something anyone is really seriously working on. Being that Wine is open source, anyone can go attempt to work on it... but finding the people with the drive and knowledge to do so is always difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 268
05-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I'll try to... I have some Wineskin issues to work on this weekend, and I'll try testing things with STO and maybe getting an updated wrapper out that works better. Anything Minor needed for updates or expansions shouldn't be an issue unless their changes cause MAJOR issues, then it could take a long time. I don't have tons of time to devote to this :-)
thanks for the answer anyway: Thanks for the effort you put in, to make us mac users play im very greatfull
Lt. Commander
# 269
05-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stohanson View Post
You would think a majority of Star Trek Fans have a Mac or two... Cryptic really should make a native version for OSX!
i cant write my "A G R E E D" big enough
Ensign
# 270
05-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
Recently, out of the blue, I get a black screen after launching the game. The only thing I can think to blame was maybe a recent patch or something...nothing has changed on my end. I've tried reinstalling the game to no avail. Is anyone else having a similar problem/know how to fix it?
I have the same problem too. Its just a big white screen with a funny little mini window with a tiny sto logo.