Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 21
05-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Spoilers much? Sheesh.
Sorry! Added a warning at the top of the blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 22
05-17-2013, 12:42 PM
will the B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey skin be usable on t5 brel's
Ensign
# 23
05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Just want to say welcome aboard/back (depending on how it's looked at and by whom) to you Matt. Knowing what your capable of leaves me even more excited about playing threw the new content in LoR.
Captain
# 24
05-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Great stuff! So happy about this expansion. Now all we need is some new endgame PVE instead of Borg STF farm, and we will be sorted.
You've obviously forgotten about the greatest end-game content to have hit an MMO anywhere...

Epohh collecting...

sarcasm off

along with all the mark farming for fleet / reputation stuff... It's not all about the Borg anymore, just when you're done farming a rep it's back to STF central... And this season's reputation will be Nukara with Anti-tholian stuff...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Career Officer
# 25
05-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
That T2 BoP looks like a Klingon engineer said "I like the To'Duj; Lets make it into a Bird of Prey!"
Which, to be fair, seems to be a common line of thought amongst Klingon ship designers.
Captain
# 26
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Why are people complaining about spoilers? You had to know those were there.
Except you could write a blog saying most of the stuff, art repasses, sources of inspiration, 'you get to visit Rura Penthe,' new ships etc, without the giveaways about the characters. Its the little details like that which makes a story arc at all worthwhile, and otherwise its just 'go here, kill x, collect y' over and over and over. You end up missing out the surprise-coolness of 'I just got a Klingon Promotion. Niiiiiiiice.' Or "not only am I gonna kick all your butts, but I've got WORF watching my back this time. Bring it!" Those little treats are never going to be as good the second time.
Republic Veteran
# 27
05-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Sorry! Added a warning at the top of the blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks!

I'd have been incredibly upset to find all this out if I hadn't already played through the first 20 or so levels on Tribble. I'd have played more, but I really want to take a KDF character all the way on Holo, so I didn't want to spoil anything else. It's been a struggle not to log back on and keep going though.

Awesome stuff!
Career Officer
Congratulations on bringing us deeper into the Klingon experience while playing KDF content.

In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm.

One of the two major issues that keeps me from enjoying KDF content is the fact that no matter what species you play or the concept you have for your KDF Captain is that the game is scripted to be Klingon specific.

So, if you're another species from far away, an Orion or whatever, you're still a Klingon and your crew is still Klingon (even when they are not).

And considering this first mission is just more of the Klingon mindset, all it achieves is to push me further away from the KDF, not bring me closer to it.
Captain
# 29
05-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Yes, that?s right; we can now take steps to ensure that your First Officer doesn?t pull your ship out of cloak just to tell you that nothing can be found on the scanners. It?s a slow and involved process to make all the Klingon missions ?cloak friendly,? so give us some time. It?s one aspect of the game we will continue to improve upon in the future
Hmmm.... fixing that which is not broken (working as intended).

Promises, promises.

...And no combat Targ, just a white dog with bad teeth. (sarcasm conditioned into me by playing STO for so long)
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 30
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Congratulations on bringing us deeper into the Klingon experience while playing KDF content.

In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm.

One of the two major issues that keeps me from enjoying KDF content is the fact that no matter what species you play or the concept you have for your KDF Captain is that the game is scripted to be Klingon specific.
So? All Fed content is species agnostic too - as is all Rom content.

There's not exactly a lot of MMOs out there which take character species into consideration. I can play a twi'lek in SWTOR and get a 5 minute history lesson on twi'lek from my Companion - who's also a twi'lek.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.