Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,065
# 71
05-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
Cloaking just so you can turn is retarded. What if you're surrounded with a total barrage from all sides, hit the cloak and your dead. 1/2 the npcs can see you while your cloaked anyways. were not asking for escort turn, a 7-8 base would be an awesome improvement and this issue would drop. as it is right now if you really need target facing your mostly screwed.
"target facing"?

Lemme guess you were actually trying to use DHC on a ship that is (for all practical purposes) a heavy cruiser? Umm.... no. I used beam arrays with a dragon setup and FaW.... worked great!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,850
# 72
05-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikephorus View Post
Most of the Klingon Battlecruisers have turn rates in the 9-10 range. If anything this game is inconsistent with ship turn rates which seem to be based on well nothing at all.
The turn rates are based on an itemization budget. Geko could probably explain it. There's a reason why a battlecruiser has that turn rate and the D'Deridex will not.

But hey, keep pushing for a 10 turn rate!

This will be an enjoyable crusade to watch.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,101
# 73
05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
I plan on using DHC on it and won't have any problem. I already use DHC on the Bortasqu and Gal-X in PVE and PVP. Just takes a lot of tractoring, buffing up and quickly killing targets on decloak, good spec for manuverability, RCS console, and using buffs as needed like, APO, Evasives, Aux2ID. It will be even easier when RCS gets buffed.

I'm worried if they buff the turn rate they would take away stats from somewhere else which I won't want to see. If the Devs would be willing to do a small buff to turn without taking away any other stats that would be ok.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 411
# 74
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
The turn rates are based on an itemization budget. Geko could probably explain it. There's a reason why a battlecruiser has that turn rate and the D'Deridex will not.

But hey, keep pushing for a 10 turn rate!

This will be an enjoyable crusade to watch.
I'm not on a crusade I just avoid the terrible ships. I love the Galaxy (grew up watching TNG), but I don't bother with it in this game since its junk. I'm simply saying it would just be nice if they based turn rate on something other then randomly picking a number between 5 and 23.

My Fleet Heavy Cruiser Retrofit which (in game) is about the same size as a Prometheus class escort (mass would probably be comparable as well depending on what kitbash you use) yet has exactly half the turn rate. What is the justification for this other then one is a cruiser and the other is an escort?


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,850
# 75
05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikephorus View Post
What is the justification for this other then one is a cruiser and the other is an escort?
It's the reason why Rogues wear leather armor and Paladins wear plate. Or why Elves have a base 6 move, and dwarves have a base 5.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 411
# 76
05-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It's the reason why Rogues wear leather armor and Paladins wear plate. Or why Elves have a base 6 move, and dwarves have a base 5.
You're talking about games where the holy trinity is in place. This game seems to have initially wanted to go in that direction but has obviously abandoned it. Unfortunately, they left certain ships stuck in these now useless rolls.

I'm actually of the opinion that the D'Deridex will be okay as it is because of the updated bridge officer layout. That only got changed after community outcry I should add. I just find it silly that they assign turn rate numbers based on nothing. As I said earlier the Jem Dreadnought (which is a carrier and supposedly they are suppose to be less maneuverable then cruisers) has a better turn rate then the D'Deridex.


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,850
# 77
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikephorus View Post
You're talking about games
Yes! Yes I am talking about GAMES!

That's why there's an itemization budget for the things Geko has had to design.

I for one am not Geko's biggest fan. I will take shots at him for the Nebula design EVERY CHANCE I GET.

But I do defend the limitations of what he's faced with. He has to design ship after ship after ship. Each with the same budgetary constraints. And somehow has to make each of them different and more desirable. AND there's money on the line with what he's doing these days since most of this stuff is all c-store of fleet oriented.

I sympathize with his conundrum.

I still criticize a lot of what he's done. But I won't criticize the turn rate on the D'Deridex. It's NOT a Negh'var. And shouldn't act like one.

Last edited by snoggymack22; 05-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 405
# 78
05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Equip an RCS and hit your freakin' cloak, it improves your turn rate by an incredible level.
Learn to frickin read the damn post before just spitting stuff out. RCS, even MkXII will increase the turn rate by 2.2. Making it 7.7. I would hardly call that an insane amount. Frickin pvers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
It's the reason why Rogues wear leather armor and Paladins wear plate. Or why Elves have a base 6 move, and dwarves have a base 5.
Oh for the love of god, this? This is where you are going with this to justify your argument?

You are poking fun at people trying to get the romulan cruiser not to suck entirely, and yet you have been pushing for the T5 Connie for how long now?

The point is, there is no justifiable reason to make the turn rate so low. Size? no, as mentioned, some cruisers are actually SMALLER than some escorts, and have half the turn. Mechanics wise, its idiotic.

Balance? Not remotely. To compensate for having Battle cloak and singularity powers, all romulan ships have a lower power setting. Why is it that ONLY cruisers then have a second disadvantage of a terrible turn rate?

Canon? No. As already explained, there is so much the devs go completely against canon on, so why is THIS the one thing they stick to? They made the bug ship desirable so they could make money. Fine, but why not apply the same exact logic to sell cruisers, instead of doing exactly the opposite?
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 411
# 79
05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Yes! Yes I am talking about GAMES!

That's why there's an itemization budget for the things Geko has had to design.
I like how you completely ignored the rest of the post. >< An itemization budget is not a good reason to have ships that are terrible in the game. I'm of the belief that all the ships should be at least somewhat effective so that people can get to fly their favorite ship and not be a liability for teams completing end game content. Look at your signature...wouldn't you love to be flying a Fleet Exeter? I personally hate the ship, but that doesn't mean I don't think it should be in the game and decent for the people that do enjoy it.


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,988
# 80
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
That would be becasue you cloaked while they were still firing at you. you should have cloaked when you were outside their firing range and waited till they went though their weapons cycle since any weapon fired before you cloak will still get you.

That's the problem some people forget with battle cloak, you can't just cloak while being fired on.
No nobody was firing at me before I cloaked. I immediately cloak before any action takes place in the missions with "fleet" actions and head outside of all opponents range before picking a single target. Then I decloak and wait for it to recharge before slowly approaching my prey. At 10.1 I power up my weapons, fire off a salvo while he is engaged with an allied npc ship, cloak, evasive maneuvers to get out of range, and watch as 2-3 ships that were never in range in the first place (12-13km away) turn and start firing at me.

NPC ranges exceed our ranges and they can shoot at us when we can't shoot at them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.