Starfleet Veteran
# 151
05-17-2013, 09:39 AM
I never saw the point of having The Academy and Star Trek Online General Discussion.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Empire Veteran
# 152
05-17-2013, 09:45 AM
should call it the romulan flotilla, i dont see any ship yards in the republic, at least not at first.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Republic Veteran
# 153
05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Another update, based on feedback:
Additions in yellow

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
An analysis of the current Shipyards reveals that there is barely a full page worth of threads of active topics throughout a day, when you put the two shipyards together. Strongly re-consider sticking to the original proposal of only 1 shipyard.
Keep in mind the sticky threads goes away to the Academy or Guide section, whichever you settle on, opening up more room for regular threads to be on the Front Page, makes room for 25 threads on the front page.

The original idea was fewer sections, don't backtrack on that.
Republic Veteran
# 154
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Maybe I missed the discussion, but I'm not understanding why the various faction "yards" is a separate forum from "builds". There are a lot of Build discussion in the 'Yard forums and I think that is what a lot of community members gravitate to as it is.

So, it would seem to me to remove "Builds" from the forum title and just leave it as "Powers and Game Mechanics".

Alternatively, make it more clear: "Game Mechanics, Powers, and Captain Builds"

?
CmdrScarlet has a valid point. There are undoubtedly going to be ship build discussions in the Shipyard, even though it may be intended to be more about feedback regarding the visuals and performance of ships.

A rename to Powers and mechanics may be warranted.
Community Moderator
# 155
05-17-2013, 02:10 PM
I've got no issues with the currently proposed organization.

Will the forums go down to implement it? If so, when?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 156
05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
I'd be more inclined to search for the content I wanted if it was structured as follows:

.PVE Gameplay
..Federation
..Klingon
..Romulan
.PVP Gameplay
..PvP Boot Camp
.Starship Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
..PVE
..PVP
..Link to Academy Guides
.Ground Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
..PVE
..PVP
..Link to Academy Guides

However, I feel child sub-forums can be hard to see if they are mixed with regular topics, such as in the current PVP gameplay section. The PVP boot camp forum almost gets overlooked by me when visiting because its above the forum-wide announcements section and way before the topics present in the PVP forum.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 05-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 157
05-18-2013, 06:45 PM
A lot of the individual forums are cluttered with a large number of stickied threads at the top. Perhaps a new topic- Stickied Threads- could be created, and all of the stickies (and future stickies) moved there?
Republic Veteran
# 158
05-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
A lot of the individual forums are cluttered with a large number of stickied threads at the top. Perhaps a new topic- Stickied Threads- could be created, and all of the stickies (and future stickies) moved there?
Ideally most of those stickied threads gets dumped in the Academy/Player Guides section. And only super critically life or death important threads remain.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 159
05-19-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm working on some of the changes now

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 160
05-19-2013, 01:40 PM
The reorganization is complete! Please note that the main index (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php) is not displaying all new forums/ changes at this time, and probably will not until later in the week, but they are available through the links below:

Information and Discussion Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62
Changes:
  • "Federation News Network" is now the "Galactic News Network" forum.
  • "The Academy" has a new sub-forum: Player Guides
    • Player guides that would normally be stickied now have their own sub-forum! New threads can not be posted here. Guides created in The Academy will be considered for inclusion here.
  • "Star Trek Online Discussion" is now the "Star Trek Online General Discussion" forum.
    • This forum has had all threads from the old "General Community Feedback" forum moved to it and can be used for general discussion and feedback.
  • "Ten Forward" has a new sub-forum: Captain's Table (RP)
    • This sub-forum can be used for role playing on the forums. All forum rules apply.

Feedback Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Changes:
  • The "General Community Feedback" forum has been merged with "Star Trek Online General Discussion".
    • All threads from this forum have been moved to "Star Trek Online General Discussion".
  • "Romulan Gameplay" (faction exclusive content), "Romulan Flotilla" (Warbirds), "Fleet Holdings" and "Reputation Systems" feedback forums have been added.
  • Threads from the "Captain and BOFF Powers" feedback forum have been moved to the new "Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics" feedback forum.
  • Threads from the "Missions and Episodes" feedback forum have been moved to the new "Feature Episodes and Events" feedback forum.
    • There may be some Fed/ KDF specific mission threads in this new forum that will be moved to the appropriate Gameplay feedback forum as they are posted to.

The Foundry for Star Trek Online Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=210

No changes.

Fleet Administrative Station Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=210

Changes:
  • Moved this category above the "Support" category.
  • Renamed the "Starbase One" forum to "Earth Spacedock".

Support Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Changes:
  • Renamed the "PC & Technical Issues" forum to "PC, Network & Other Technical Issues".

Test Servers Category: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=227

No changes. (Redshirt forums to be removed from main index soon; they are already gone from above link and new threads/ replies can not be made)

-----

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary, or have any questions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-19-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Closed Thread