Career Officer
# 71
05-10-2013, 09:17 AM
You can use the Enterprise F

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Commander
# 72
05-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
You can use the Enterprise F

Cool! I am also considering doing a temporal mission to the past (most likely to the time of the NX-01 Enterprise; when she was attacked and beaten to a pulp by the Xindi)! Would it be possible to use that ship as long as the communications between the two vessels are "audio-only"? (the first episode of my series is YET to be completed so I have plenty of time to plan that mission)
Ensign
# 73
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
[*]You may not use copyrighted content from the Properties, including but not limited to web content, promotional materials (posters, advertisements) or existing licensed merchandise (novels, trading cards, figurines).[/list]
Interesting, since the new Romulan content clearly references materials from the novels. It's amazing that the developers are somehow excluded from this.

Eve
Survivor of Romulus
# 74
05-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Cryptic has more leeway than we do. They also have the ability to negotiate for the rights to use material not covered under their CBS license, which we don't.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Rihannsu
# 75
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I suppose you could recreate something like this. Just be aware of plagiarism, you don't want a piece of that if you want to adapt something like this from the shows, make sure to rewrite it in your own words and remember: no likenesses of real people.

You know, stuff like this was so much easier when I was writing papers, just put in my citations and I'm good. But I suppose that makes too much sense.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Starfleet Veteran
# 76
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
You know, stuff like this was so much easier when I was writing papers, just put in my citations and I'm good. But I suppose that makes too much sense.
For non-fiction, sure, but fiction, not so much.

@greendragoon
Ensign
# 77 Foundry missions
05-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi:

I was wondering what program is needed to create a foundry mission? Do you have to be a paid member of STO to do so.?
Commander
# 78
05-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrriedel View Post
Hi:

I was wondering what program is needed to create a foundry mission? Do you have to be a paid member of STO to do so.?
No! you do not have to be a paying customer to create one! You only need to collect some dilithium! And the program is preprogramed into the game itself! Just go to create material (or something like that). It normally shows up on the character selection screen! Hope this helps!
Lieutenant
# 79
05-25-2013, 07:55 PM
the foundry editor is currently offline however so you can't do it just yet. You'll need 10,000 dilithium just so you know in advance.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34676144000&dateline=  1356220537
Lieutenant
# 80
05-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Ok, so I haven't even got the chance to create anything in the foundry yet, but I have been reading through the posts of this thread to make sure that I am ready when I do get around to it and now I understand the basic concepts, e.g. no direct use of existing characters or their actors. Ok, I understand that and will follow the rule for this.
However, does apply to the ships that we have seen throughout Star Trek as well, like the Enterprises 1701 to 1701-E, Defiant and Voyager? That issue seems a bit foggy to me and I would like some clarification on it.

For example, an idea I have for a mission involves a museum where all the surviving past Enterprises are put on display and may also involve walking through some of their corridors. It would not directly involve characters, but may make mention of them. Would this violate the EULA and terms of use, or could I go through with something like this?

Cheers.