Empire Veteran
# 1 WOOOO Cloaks being fixed!!
05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
In dev blog #20 they have stated that they are fixing the decloak problem so we will no longer drop out of cloak every time a bridge officer sneezes!!!

"We also updated several Cardassian and Borg themed episodes for inclusion in the Klingon?s storyline. New dialog options were added to make them feel more in-line with the Empire?s goals, and an effort was made to make many parts of the game friendlier to cloaked ships! Yes, that?s right; we can now take steps to ensure that your First Officer doesn?t pull your ship out of cloak just to tell you that nothing can be found on the scanners. It?s a slow and involved process to make all the Klingon missions ?cloak friendly,? so give us some time. It?s one aspect of the game we will continue to improve upon in the future."

WOOOO!!
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 2
05-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
In dev blog #20 they have stated that they are fixing the decloak problem so we will no longer drop out of cloak every time a bridge officer sneezes!!!

"We also updated several Cardassian and Borg themed episodes for inclusion in the Klingon?s storyline. New dialog options were added to make them feel more in-line with the Empire?s goals, and an effort was made to make many parts of the game friendlier to cloaked ships! Yes, that?s right; we can now take steps to ensure that your First Officer doesn?t pull your ship out of cloak just to tell you that nothing can be found on the scanners. It?s a slow and involved process to make all the Klingon missions ?cloak friendly,? so give us some time. It?s one aspect of the game we will continue to improve upon in the future."

WOOOO!!
Unfortunately, not all of the instances will be fixed in the near future.

reH, QaH nuv'e' SuvmeH!

Edit: Bah, I wish Bing was more accurate... when I translated "Still, this will help us against our foes!" into Klingon (producing the above text) and back, I got "to Help people, always".

So much for using the Klingon language in appropriate places.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 3
05-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah, convenient how they 'fix' this right when the accursed Romulans are being released.

Oh well, at least it's getting done.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Ahhh....Romulan intelligence will always outmatch Klingon Barbarism.

It's cool to see that Bing added Klingon to the translation matrix, just sorry they didn't do it so it accounts for sentence structure.

Seems like a lot of the old problems like this are finally getting addressed. Hopefully AutoNav pathing will be next across the board.

Not sure how it is with you Klingons, but on the Fed side autonav pathing sucks.

I wonder how many Klingon first officers were killed for sneezing while cloaked? lol
Captain
# 5
05-17-2013, 04:17 PM
It's funny how this was first a huge bug, then Stahl said it was "working as intended" and now its back to being a bug that's been fixed.....

Aside from that i'm wondering just what all they did that makes the missions more cloak friendly aside from that. Unless it's like every thing else they advertised in which case it's just that and they're trying to make it sound like something it's not.... To make it even worse is that Fed and Klingon cloaks are only being fixed so the romulan crowd doesn't get angry.

I wonder if the "cloak friendly" missions (if it's even that) will apply to feds with cloaks as well?
Captain
# 6
05-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
It's funny how this was first a huge bug, then Stahl said it was "working as intended" and now its back to being a bug that's been fixed.....
This.

Either way Cryptic has lost a lot more credibility (as if they had much to begin with). This is something they should have done well over 2 years ago. They will not get praise for this, nor should they deserve it. The opinion of everyone should be "about time!" but also remain skeptical.

Can't think of a developer except a few that has betrayed the trust of their customers as much as Cryptic has yet gotten away with it.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 7
05-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Ahhh....Romulan intelligence will always outmatch Klingon Barbarism.

It's cool to see that Bing added Klingon to the translation matrix, just sorry they didn't do it so it accounts for sentence structure.

Seems like a lot of the old problems like this are finally getting addressed. Hopefully AutoNav pathing will be next across the board.

Not sure how it is with you Klingons, but on the Fed side autonav pathing sucks.

I wonder how many Klingon first officers were killed for sneezing while cloaked? lol
Yeah, some of our content has pretty wonky autonav pathing.
Commander
# 8
05-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Having played the KDF content on tribble, I can say for certain that they are fixing it

That being said, quite a few of the missios in the game will still have the bug, but it I'd say they are at least half way there
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Empire Veteran
# 9
05-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Funny how it has gone from ''working as intended'' according to certain Cryptic staff to a bug all of a sudden. Its almost like some kind of big event like the Romulan faction triggered this... oh wait. I think a lot of vet KDF called this.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
05-17-2013, 07:07 PM
As previously noted, this must be done on a case-by-case basis. That means that it is simpler to build a mission from the ground up with this function, than to go back to an older mission and retrofit it. (Not that this stopped me when I was retrofitting the Cardassian missions to make them accessible to Klingons.) Naturally, this means that the new content will be more likely to have this feature, not because it's just for Romulans, but simply because doing it from the start in new missions was simpler to do.

The fact that interactions drop your ship out of cloak works as designed in that this is what the engine is programmed to do. The base engine, unless you specifically build around it, flags that when any kind of interaction happens -- talking to a bridge officer, scanning a mission objective, whatever -- it will interrupt the cloak power. So, it is "working as designed" in that it does exactly what the engine is built to do. Brandon might call it a "bug" inasmuch as people complain about it, but it's not a "bug" in the sense that this is not the engine behaving in some way that it shouldn't, or some code not doing what we meant for it to do. It is doing exactly what the code is programmed to do, and working around that requires specific time and functionality changes from the designers.